46.Breaking in

As you run through the village you start to feel dumb for leaving Fortune behind to fight.

No, if she said that she can handle them herself I need to believe in her.

It suddenly got darker. You turn your head to the sun but what you saw made you stop running. A huge rock was about to be thrown at the village.

Joyce: "It may look bad but they are only trying to break the barrier."

The rock starts to move and instantly the barrier that Joyce was talking about became visible.

Rachel: "I hope that it can hold out."

You were about to say something that would show that you're on Rachel's side but the barrier got a few really visible cracks in it.

Joyce: "Too bad it won't."

The huge rock started to fall apart but every part of it hit the barrier cracking it even more. The barrier finally broke and the rocks were about to fall on to the village but they were stopped by a huge net and thrown out.

Joyce: "That could have ended worse... what is that?"

You noticed it too. Many balls of blue, red, green and black were thrown through the hole in the barrier. One of the balls hit the wall near you. It splashed all over but you managed to cover your face.

Joyce: "Ugh! What is this!"

You put you hands down and see Joyce covered in slime, you had some of it on you too.

I see how this is, they use slimes to attack us from the inside and they themselves will attack from the outside.

Joyce tries to take the slime off but it slips through her hands. The slime on you and on the ground starts to move towards Joyce.

But how do you actually kill a slime... think...

Joyce: "I can't take it off."

Rachel: "I don't know if we can help you here."

The slime almost gets all of its parts in to one. It jumps on to Joyce and consumes her body. She tries to get out but she can't and she can't breathe too.

I have limited time, I need to hurry.

You run at the slime wanting to figure out how will it defend itself. You remember that Isabella and Grace kinda did the same to you too.

The slime used a part of itself and threw it at you. That part turned in to a sharp blade. You couldn't use your portal to throw it back because Joyce would get hurt, so you dodged it.

The blade hit the ground and got stuck in it but not for long, it turned back in to a slime and started to return back from where it came from.

You keep running at the slime as it throws a few more of those slime blades, you dodge those too. When you get close you jump at it but it moves away and you drop on to the ground. Unexpecting anything the slime was now an easy target for Rachel.

Rachel jumped through the slime coming out of it with Joyce in her claws, Joyce was breathing heavily.
The slime monster turns in to her form.

???: "I was careless to let myself think that everything will go as planned, and she was so close to dying too~"

You feel something wrap around your leg. When you look down to see what it is, you see a tentacle that's coming from the ground.

???: "At least I can get some fun with you~"

You take out your sword and slash the tentacle. It dropped to the ground but a burst of smaller tentacles came out of the ground wrapping around your body.

Rachel slashed at the tentacles with her claws cutting them off. You quickly took Rachel's hand and pulled her in through the portal which got you near Joyce. The tentacles that were on you didn't fall off of you, instead they connected to one another and you started to feel pressure on your body.

Rachel carefully used her claws to try and cut them off but it was in vain. The pressure gets unbearable and you fall to your knees, it is also making it hard to breathe.

Joyce: "Let him go you dumb slime!"

???: "He would escape or try to help, so no~"

You think back to what happened a minute ago because it seemed suspicious that when you cut the tentacle off it just fell to the ground, you knew that the slime girl had planned something.

It's a trap...

You look at Rachel's legs and notice that small tentacle on her leg. Rachel noticed where you were looking and looked down too.

???: "Quick to notice?"

Rachel: "I will- ahh!!!!"

As Rachel was about to say something a huge surge of pain went through her leg, her face turn from full of anger to full of pain. You could hear her bones getting crushed but couldn't do anything.

???: "You will what?"

Rachel was in too much pain to answer that.

???: "Your not so good without your speed and now that you can't walk, you're useless."

??: "Hey slime! Catch!"

???: "Huh?"

An ice spike went in to her.

???: "Did you think this would work on me?"

Only by her voice you could already tell who it was.

Melanie: "Actually, it already worked."

???: "You can't trick m-"

She didn't finish her sentence as she was starting to turn in to ice from the inside.

???: "No way! At least he will die with me."

She looked at you and her expression turned in to a surprised one.

???: "Your...kidding..."

Her whole body froze up after she said those words.

Melanie: "You're saved."

You look at your body and see that the slime part that could have killed you was frozen.

[Y/n]: "When did you...?"

Melanie: "That's why some say that he or she has a cold look in their eyes, or something like that."
.
.
.