Chapter 3

The next morning there was a light tap on the door waking Alyson. Though light it scared the crap out of her she shot straight up out of bed and over to the door. There stood Hayden, she felt her stomach tighten at the look he gave her.

"What's up?" Alyson asks leaning against the door frame. Hayden took a step back from her.
"Hey chill out I promise I don't bite," Alyson said laughing.

"Uh dad wants me to tell you that breakfast is ready," Hayden says his eye never leaving her own. She had to admit she didn't mind it either, his eyes were so magnificent. He smiled softly at her, her stomach flipped.

Then his words registered in her, someone had come to wake her for breakfast. She smiled back. It hit her how awkward this was and she laughed.

"What?" Hayden asks looking dumbfounded.

"Nothing I was just laughing at how awkward we're being, c'mon let's go to breakfast," Alyson said laughing as she walked confidently through the house like she's lived here her whole life. Hayden followed suit and gave a small laugh.

"Look who it is Ms sleepyhead!" Mason calls as he ruffles her hair.

"Watch it the friction in my hair can cause a bomb of electricity to course through you!" Alyson said instantly regretting her words and Mason trapped her in a headlock and ruffled her hair even more. She didn't even struggle because she was laughing too hard, the whole thing had taken her by surprise and tickled her funny bone by a lot.

"Mason! Leave the poor girl alone!" Daniel says laughing. Mason lets Alyson go. This was such an odd feeling she'd only met the group yesterday but felt like she'd known them her whole life.

"You got lucky this time, Archerson!" Mason says letting go of her and sitting in the middle of Hayden and Dustin.

"Next time you won't get me so easily, Maikoh," Alyson said sitting in her usual seat at home, the end of the table on the left side. It was across from Hayden, who gave her a soft smile, and next to Collin.

"How do you know our last name?" Dustin asks.

"My mom said the realtor told her," Alyson said shrugging lightly.

"So what's on the menu?" Alyson asks.

"Bacon and egg omelette," Daniel said, "Unless you're vegetarian or something like that," Daniel added as an afterthought.

"God no, my parents try to force me into it saying how 'better for the environment'. But how is it better if all we're eating our plants," Alyson shutters at the thought of an all plant diet.

"See I knew I like you. That was the exact answer I was hoping to hear," Daniel said plopping a good-sized omelette on her plate.

"I think I'm in love," Mason said dramatically. Alyson laughs at the stupid boy but the others don't seem too amused especially Hayden who's giving Mason a glare.

"I didn't mean it like that you dumbasses, it's a figure of speech! I like how she's not afraid to eat meat like most girls who won't touch it..." Mason said trying to dig himself out of the hole which only made Alyson laugh harder and Mason sent her a playful glare.

"Okay, then let's eat boys!" Daniel said sitting an omelette on his own plate.

"Do you guys not pray?" Alyson asks surprised.

"No, but can if you wish," Collin says.

"Oh god no! I hate doing that! Sorry if I sound unreligious that's because I am," Alyson said laughing lightly.