Chapter 8

After a few months, Camryn went back to school. She was very smart so it wasn't hard for her to catch up with the rest of her class. She went to a school that was closer to the tower than her old one, that way Peter could pick her up and they could walk home. The school got out 30 minutes after Peters, so he always had plenty of time to get there. But today, Peter wasn't having a good day. Flash was worse than normal. Peter now had a black eye and a cut lip. He was gonna ask Tony to pick her up, but he thought he would feel better. And he didn't want to upset Camryn. Peter got to the school right when the students were released. Camryn looked around and then spotted Peter. She hugged him.

           "Hi daddy!" Other parents looked shocked as she said this, but didn't comment. Peter realized he couldn't correct Camryn, so he just let it happen. Even though it made him panic slightly every time.

            "Hey Cam. How was school?" The girl pulled away and her eyes widened.

            "What happened?" She reaches out to touch Peters eye. He flinched slightly and she pulled away.

            "It's nothing Cam. Let's go home okay?" She nodded, but still looked upset. They were almost to the tower when Camryn gasped. Peter looked at her concerned.

            "Tomorrow's parent day. Will you come daddy?" Peter looked down at the girl sadly as she pulled out the slip of paper.

           "I don't know Cam. Why don't you ask aunt Tasha?" Camryn looked at him with a sad frown.

           "But I want you to go." Peter sighed.

           "Let's get to the living room and we can talk about it." She nodded sadly.
—time skip—
            They were sitting in the living room with the others. When Peter walked in, they all noticed the conflicted look on his face, so they asked about it. He looked down at the girl.

           "Tell them what you asked me Cam." The others looked at the girl, slightly scared.

            "I asked if he could go to parents day tomorrow. He said I should ask one of you. I don't know why." They looked to Peter as he sighed.

           "People might be angry with me if I do go." Who wouldn't? A sixteen year old was there for parents day. The others looked at him, understanding what he was thinking. Camryn frowned.

          "Why would they be mad? They're all mommy's and daddy's too." Peter looked at the others. Bruce spoke for Peter.

          "They might just get mad because they won't understand that he's not your real father." She frowned again.

         "But he is. He protects me and makes me happy when I'm sad."

        "That's not what he means Camryn," Tony adds. "It just means that you didn't grow up with Peter since you were a baby. Other people will get mad because Peter is so young. People get disappointed when they see young parents." He tried to make it as simple as possible for the young girl. Camryn just looked confused.

          "That's stupid."
          "Don't use that word Cam," Peter mumbled softly. She looked at him and nodded.

          "How about we email her teacher. That way she understands. And she can tell the other parents. That way you can go." Camryn smiled happily.

          "Does that mean you'll go daddy?" Peter looked at the others before nodding at the girl with a smile.

          "Of course bee." She squealed excitedly then hugged him. The others watched as a fond, loving smile grew on Peters face. Camryn looked up again.

         "Can Mj come too?" Peter smiled at her.

         "I can ask." The others smiled at the two as they left the room.

         "God that's cute," Clint said, making the others roll their eyes. Then they realized Peter had a black eye. They looked at each other before walking to Peters room.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N: parents day will be in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace