Chapter 4

She placed the old-timey looking key into the keyhole and heard a satisfying click noise.

She swung open the door and saw a flight of twisted stairs and climbed them happily. She gasped at the huge space up here and though a bit dusty it looked amazing. The roof had a ceiling instead of just seems that looked into the actual roof. Though the attic was hardly used it was fully furnished. It had what looked like a small living room in it with a couch, a coffee table, and tons of shelves. though the walls were a dull creme colour she loved it. She danced happily as she opened a window, she noticed the window had a balcony. The balcony leads to a tree which looked like it was easy enough to climb down.

She spotted two doors. She opened one and it was a good sized closet. The other was a full bathroom. She carefully turned on the water of the sink and was delighted by clear clean water coming out.

This was no room it was a small apartment.

She ran back downstairs. she grabbed a duster and a few other cleaning supplies. Then got to work cleaning up the big room. She'd never admit it but she secretly loved to clean. After an hour or so she heard her mother call everyone down for dinner and she cleaned herself off a bit and rushed downstairs.

She sat down quickly and held her head down as her mother started their prayer. Then started eating happily. She was thinking about how she was going to get her bed upstairs, but she remembered that she had four egotistical brothers who if challenged would do it in a heartbeat.

She decided to engage them later about it. As always she sent her meal eating quietly until her father spoke up.

"Alyson, how's that new room of yours coming?" he asks. Everyone's conversations standstill as they look at Alyson expectantly.

"It's great actually I'm very grateful to get my own room," Alyson says the attention of her family making her slightly nervous.

"You know I offered the same room to all your older siblings but they all turned it down after seeing that it was secluded from the rest of the house," her father laughed heartily.

"How come she gets her own room?" Alexandra asks raising an eyebrow.

"Well, she's an adult now as much as you and Amanda are, so she got offered the same offer you both did except she excepted it," Her mother stepped in.

"Oh, Andrew, Nick, Samson, and Simon. After dinner, help your sister get her bed and her desk to her room. I don't care who does what but I want all four of you to help her," their father ordered in a tone that said no excuses. Alyson sighed with relief at least she didn't have to beg them to help her. They all nodded defeated.

So after dinner, Alyson stripped her bed of its sheets and pillow and threw them into a box. As her brothers took apart her bed lugged it upstairs, along with her desk, she started to pack up all her clothes. She knew exactly which were her clothes because they were either: things she bought or things she was given. By the time she was done the boys had gotten all the parts to her bed upstairs. So she told them where she wanted it and they rebuilt it. Then she moved her desk to where she wanted it by then it was almost time for her to meet up with the boys.

She took another quick shower and packed things like rope, a med-kit, and a few other things that she thought she might need, but not too much for it to be heavy enough to weight her down. She also grabbed a knife, from the millions of them Andrew had sitting around the house, that was big enough to stab someone through the heart yet small enough to fit in the backpack. She'd also brought some snacks since she's out all night.

After a quick scan of her room, she nodded and got onto the balcony. She grabbed the branch with ease and scaled down the tree. This was much easier than walking through the back door and possibly getting caught past curfew. She walked quickly to the clearing in the forest by then it was already dark out yet she saw no signs of the four wolf brothers.