Chapter 5 Why Are You Holding a Baby?

Edited

Angela above

As soon as I woke up, I knew I had to talk to Angel. That dream had definitely freaked me out.

After doing my hair and putting on my outfit, I did my make up

After all those years of covering up bruises, I learned how to do makeup fairly well

I walk out of the bathroom and almost screamed when I saw Angela laying on the bed.

"What are you doing? Holy hell, you scared me!" I looked at her disappointedly as I scold her.

Angela said, "Dang Sis, you look hot. You definitely didn't get your looks from mom..." She ended with a cackle.

"I have a question about dad..." I said quietly, easing myself into the conversation that would change everything.

"Oh, Sweetie..." She started. Judging by the pitiful look on her face and the guilt in her eyes, I knew it was me. "He went to get ice cream for you that day because you were begging mom for ice cream. So, he went and bought some. Your favorite kind; cookies and cream. Anyways, when he was in the store a robber came in and he tried to stop them and he got shot in the chest. He died upon impact. He didn't suffer." She ended with a choked out sob that let to her trembling breaths.

Oh god, I killed my father.

If I hadn't been complaining about not having ice cream, he would still be here. I would have never gotten abused. Angela got up and left the room.

After a couple of minutes, I went downstairs. I only knew where it was because I had dinner there last night. I just sat on the stool thinking about how I don't wanna go to school.

Screw this! Maybe Maverick would let me skip...

Nope, nevermind. I can't skip. When Maverick brought me to school, he wouldn't leave until I walked inside.

Great...

Note my sarcasm.

Most of the day was boring, nothing special until I got home.

There's a baby in the living room.

Why there's a baby in there, I'm not sure of.

"Who's baby is this?" I asked, already coddling her. "And can I please hold her?" I asked again, laughing.

"Yes, you can hold her. She's your niece." She said, handing me the baby with a huge grin on her face.

I pick her up and put her in my arms gently, not wanting to hurt the fragile human being in my arms.

I got tired of standing and laying down on the couch with the baby, which I learned was Noel, on my chest.

I heard someone walk in but I didn't care. All I cared about was this amazing little baby laying here.

"Hey, baby girl, did you have a good day?" He asked before looking down at Noel, "and who's baby? and my god she's adorable." He continued, walking over and put his hand out to Noel, who proceeded to wrap her tiny hands around his pinky finger.

How cute. He's so good with kids. I wonder what ours would look and be like...

I snap out of it and shake my head.

It's been like 4 days, that's too early.

"She's my niece. And it was okay, how was yours?" I said, my cheeks unwillingly going a shade of dark pink.

He smiled at me, melting me slowly, "Mine was good. And I didn't know Angela had a kid!" He exclaimed, the smile still etched into his gorgeous features.

Angela looked nervous, "Uh, actually I didn't..." She stopped again for a second, then continued, "She's, uh, well, she's our-"