Chapter 6

"...that means we can take the fun way," Alyson says rubbing her hands together.

"The fun way?" Hayden asks.

"Yeah, now that it's just the two of us we can take the fun way. You'll understand once you see what I mean," Alyson said laughing wildly.

"You version of fun is different than most people."

"What makes you say that?" Alyson asked her head cocking to the side slightly in question.

"You thought it was funny to jump out of a tree and shout trust fall. Without telling any of us," Hayden deadpanned.

"That's because it was fun, but this isn't quite like that," Alyson said leading Hayden though the many blueberry bushes until they were standing outside the forest. Alyson started to climb the tree.

"C'mon wolf boy, Let's go!" Alyson called as she stood in the tree.

"This is what you meant by fun? It looks more like certain death," Hayden said wearily but climbs up anyway.

"That's what makes it so fun, plus the trees are so thick here you can practically walk just like you were on the ground except this is a bit more dangerous," Alyson said.

"You're fucking nuts, Alyson," Hayden said laughing.

"Yep," Alyson said leaping from branch to branch," Another advantage of being in a tree is you can avoid anything on the ground. It gives us the high ground on any potential threats."

"Well at least you have some excuse for it," Hayden says rolling his eyes.

"C'mon it'll be fun!" Alyson said grabbing the much taller boy's hand and walking across tree limbs. He grasps tightly to her hand.

"Scared of hight?"Alyson asks.

"No, just death," Hayden says.

"If you slip I'll catch you," Alyson promises.

"I doubt you'll be able to catch me, I'm quite heavy," Hayden says.

"Don't worry about it I'm stronger than I look," Alyson said smiling mischievously.

"I shouldn't have volunteered to go with you," Hayden said starting to lose his footing. Alyson quickly righted him.

"Careful wolf-boy," Alyson said laughing.

"Hey!" Hayden said. Alyson winked back at him. Soon they came to the clearing were three wolves sit waiting. Alyson released Hayden's hand then dropped grabbing a branch on her way down the dangle before dropping out of the tree. The three wolves jumped up surprised. Alyson looked up at the frozen Hayden.

"Need a hand?" Alyson asked amused at the hazel-eyed boy's apprehensiveness.

"No, I don't matter of fact," Hayden said coping Alyson's move to get out of the tree but a lot less graceful and lands on his butt. Alyson tried to muffle a howl of laughter as she offered him a helping hand. He denied the hand and got up on his own.

"Never again!" Hayden said walking away to transform into his wolf form.

"I guess he didn't like my fun way," Alyson said shrugging. Mason gave a howl of laughter.

"That's your version of fun?" He asks still laughing.

"Yep, you should try it sometime," Alyson said winking.

"Ya know I might take you up on that offer if I'm ready to die, until then no thanks," Mason says, making Alyson laugh.

"Before we go out you need to build a connection to Dustin since he is the leader," Collin says.