25

i was going to leave talia's dress a surprise but i'm very excited to share it with you guys!!!

March 20, 2019

Everything bad happened in Malibu. Fact. Something bad was bound to happen while I was here. There was not an impression of sanctuary being here. All I could think about was getting back to New York the moment I stepped foot out of the plane. I was exuding a pessimistic vibe, I could sense it in the air around myself. My brave facade was convincing everyone otherwise, especially Richard.

Everything was happening so quickly when I got here. I was swept away back to the house full of memories, force fed a bunch of foods as the chef for the wedding made Rich and I approve the meals to be served. We met with the decorator, who wanted our opinions on the table settings down to the damn linens when they could put a horrid polka dot fabric down and I wouldn't care. The DJ went over the music that would be played and made sure he had the song that Rich and I would share our first dance to. It was nothing as meaningful as No. 1 Party Anthem. Frankly, I couldn't even remember the title of the song we would be dancing to. If that showed how much I didn't care, I didn't know what could make that any clearer

At the present I waited to be called back to try on my dress for the last time until Saturday.

Mom held Jack, Dad, Xander, Eli, Ella, Sofia bounced Lukas on her legs, Liz, Andrew, Luke, Noelle, Jet, Tessa, Alya, Sasha. They were all here. Everyone that I cared about were sitting in comfort, each beaming from ear-to-ear and glowing. Their happiness surpassed my sadness. In the center of my silly mind, I repeated to myself that I was here for the final fitting because in three days I was going to marry the guy I fell in love with at a wedding. I repeated that thought like a song, engraved it into my bones with a knife, and filled my lungs with it because the simple act of convincing myself I was going to marry Ashton instead of Richard was what kept me sane while I was here. But it all seemed so fitting; a wedding united us, so shouldn't a wedding bring us together? Fate thought otherwise.

An older lady, I was estimating that she must've been in her 70s by her appearance but she could be older, pulled me to the back where the dressing rooms were.

"I don't want to completely see it until it's on me." She nodded as she waited for me to step out of the outfit I was wearing. I'd always heard that the final fitting was always the worst because your emotions were all over the place and anything could go wrong. What an understatement that was. My stomach was in knots, I was sweating profusely (that might've aided to getting the dress on as smoothly as I did), and without even taking a look in the mirror I already felt tears provoking my eyes.

"Could you go and ask Luke to come in, please?" I fanned my face with both my hands, blinking back another tidal wave of tears. "And give us a minute to talk alone..."

"Yes ma'am." Ma'am, what a way to make me feel old. Polite it was, but lovely it was not.

"The scary lady said you needed to see me?" Luke whispered, slowly closing the door behind him as he scanned me from head to toe. He combed his curly locks out of face with a sigh.

I nodded, cupping my hand over my mouth as I tried to prevent violent sobs from escaping me.

"T," Luke placed his hands on either of my shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"I-" I took a deep breath after removing my hand. "L-Luke, this is frightening."

"What is?"

"This, all of it." I gestured to my dress. "I can't do it."

"Talia, yes you can." He brought his thumbs up, wiping the tears under my eyes. I rested my hands on top of his where they lied on either of my cheeks. I desperately wanted to absorb some sort of courage from Luke. I wanted to be strong like him. "Have you taken your medicine today?"