chapter twelve

DARYL WATCHED CLOSELY ON THE TRACKS IN THE MUD. It looked like two footprints on top of each other and another one not too far away.

"Looks like Allison was watching them." Daryl observed and Glenn just nodded, not knowing what to say.

"There's blood on this tree." He pointed the flashlight to the tree, and sure enough there was bright red blood on it. "There's more tracks." That's when he saw the shoes of what looked like Allison's. As he shined the light closer, he saw it was indeed the woman. She had blood dripping down from her forehead and her eyes were closed.

"Hey." Daryl called out to her, dropping down to her level as he put down his crossbow.

She grumbled in response, pushing his hands away from her face. When she woke up completely, she was scared. "Where is he? I-is he here?" She rushed out, breathing frantically.

Daryl furrowed his eyebrows, grabbing her face in his hands once again. "Who? Who did this? Did Randall do this?"

Allison shook her head, wincing when it made her whole body ache. "No." She swallowed, moistening her dry throat. "Shane did."

Glenn looked to Daryl, a worried expression on his face as Daryl just looked at him with an unreadable one.

"C'mon, let's go." There was a sudden rustling in the distance and Daryl quickly pulled him and Allison behind the tree, her holding her head in pain.

She couldn't make anything out as she just heard a bunch of grunts and groans of a walker.

"You okay?" Daryl asked her once he made his way towards the tree, seeing her closing and opening her eyes.

"Just peachy." She smiled slightly, making Daryl give her a small smirk.

"Looks like he got his neck broke." Daryl stated once he walked over to Randall.

"I saw it go down." Allison told them, getting up off the floor with the help of the tree. "I was walking in these woods and I saw Shane walking with Randall, leading him farther. Then he killed him. Then he knocked me out when I made myself known." She sighed, regretting her decisions a few hours prior.

"Hm." Daryl hummed. "Let's get back. Tell the others." Allison nodded, walking back to her family.

Daryl took notice of her wincing with every step and he hesitantly gripped her waist, her tensing at his touch but relaxed, knowing it was him and he wouldn't hurt her.

-

The trio reached the farm house and immediately, people started to ask questions as to why Rick wasn't there and why Allison looked like she been through hell and back.

"Shane did this." Daryl told them angrily, gently setting Allison on the couch, her grunting in pain.

Maggie came to her rescue, wiping the blood off her sister's face.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl asked the group, them shaking their heads in response.

"We heard a shot."

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori suggested.

"Shane killed Randall." Allison spoke up, all heads turning to her. 'Then he knocked me out, leaving me for dead."

Lori shook her head, not believing her. "I-I don't believe that... Shane... he's not like that."

"Well, believe it. Found 'er all bruised and bloodied up against a tree, barely conscious." Daryl snapped at Lori, defending Allison.

"But the weird thing is that he wasn't bit." Glenn told them, the group gasping in shock.

"His neck was broke." Daryl spoke up.

"So he fought back?" Patrica asked.

Daryl explained that Shane and Randall were together, meaning that this was Shane's plan all along. Lori asked him to find the two men and Daryl nodded, walking back out into the woods.

As he walked out, however, his jaw dropped in fear as he saw the herd of walkers coming towards the house. Right towards them.

Allison walked out, but was stopped as Maggie grabbed the bag of guns, handing them out to everyone.

"Carl's gone." Lori ran out from the house, her breathing picking up.

"What?" Allison asked her in disbelief. How hard was it to watch your child?

"So is Sophia." Carol cried, frantically, pacing back and forth.

Maggie handed her sister a pistol, knowing she was the best with those. "Thanks." She breathed out.

"This is my farm, I'll die here." She heard her father's voice say, and she shook her head in disbelief.

"No, dad. You're coming with us." Allison said, but was ignored as he walked off, lining up his targets.

Not minutes later, everyone got into the cars, shooting all the walkers on the farm. But Allison stayed in the house, looking for Carl and Sophia.

"Sophia?!" She yelled out, looking under everything.

"I'm here." Allison heard a small, scared voice say. How did Carol not look under the bed?

She knelt down to her level, holding her head in her hands. "I need you to stay as close to me as you can, okay? Do not go towards anyone or anything. You stay with me, you understand?" Allison ordered her, grabbing a couple of things around the room.

She grabbed her throwing knives, a first aid kit, and a large jacket to go around Sophia in this cold weather.

"Let's go." Allison ran out the house, shooting all the walkers in her way. As she was running, She saw Rick and Carl, running towards a car.

"Rick!" She yelled, getting his attention. He turned to her, shooting the walker that was about to bite Sophia.

"We gotta go!" That's when Allison saw her father, not too far away, shooting walkers.

"It's my farm!" Hershel yelled, not wanting to leave.

"Not anymore! Come on!" Allison didn't waste any time grabbing Sophia and putting her in the car, the others getting in too.

They drove to wherever their gut was taking them, and that just so happened to be the place where Sophia went missing.

one of my favorite chapters 🤗