Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Author's Note

"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

~W. Somerset Maugham

Hi,

Hola,

مرحبا,

Bonjour,

Kamusta,

No matter the language you speak, I am very excited that you decided to read Eridanus Flooding.

If you're a fan of murder mysteries with plot twists up the wazoo, you're in the right place!

This book has a little bit of everything: murder, government conspiracies, action, science, dashing agents and quirky doctors, and maybe, just maybe, a *hint* of romance, though I really have no idea how it happened.

If that's your thing, carry on.

Furthermore, I'm ecstatic to announce that Eridanus Flooding (which the first book in the KingMaker series) is being inducted into Wattpad's Paid Program.

Actually, I'm beyond thrilled. And excited. And basically feeling any and every emotion there is out there.

Over the course of the last year and a half, I've written this book. To be honest, I don't even know how it started. And I have no idea how it got this far!

I never thought of myself as a writer but for countless years I had hundreds of plots, plans, and characters swirling around in my head.

Finally, one late night, I had enough and decided to get them out.

It was a mistake.

Throughout my life, I've read hundred- no-- thousands of books and I never knew how much work that went into writing.

[Especially when you're a perfectionist that would die a slow agonizing death if anything went wrong. Jk ;) ]

Seriously, who knew that I would spend seven hours reading the FBI handbook on vehicle maintenance? And that I would do that for fun?

Not me.

Sometimes people ask me if there is a certain character in my story based off of me. And the truth is yes and no.

I think Ernest Hemingway explains it best when he says "when writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature."

Each of my characters is their own unique person, like no one else in the entire Universe. They're funny, courageous, smart, and at times, very weird and annoying. 

But on the other hand, whenever I create a character, I break off a little piece of myself and weave it into them.

Mainly my quirks (I mean, we all have them :P )

It makes them realistic—flawed—human. And aren't the best characters like that?

In way of introducing them:right off the bat is Commander Jack Rhodes. Courageous, resourceful, and a Navy SEAL (and it doesn't hurt that he's devilishly handsome either.)

His only failing is that he follows the law. To the letter. I'm talking to the EXACT letter. He once arrested a woman for not using a drink coaster.

Which is a segway into our next main character.

Doctor V.C. Coldwater. Rich, smart, and crazy, V.C. will not only steal your heart, she might steal your wallet, given the chance.

And when the game is illegal, she's always ready to play.

Which means, in Eridanus Flooding,  V.C. is all too happy to dive into the mix and antagonize Jack, while solving an unsolvable death.

I'm truly in love with each and every one of my characters (yes, the villains too).

It's frightening, in a way, to put your work, something that is so close to your heart, online for other people to read.

It's scary and new and I've lost a good many fingernails wondering how people will perceive it. My only wish is that you too fall in love with them.

Throughout this book, you'll encounter twists, turns, and tumbles. There may be some action, adventure, and just a pinch of heartbreak. So what's there not to love?! ;)

Back to the top:

What is this new Paid Program, you ask?

This program is specifically designed to help readers support writers beyond the usual votes and comments. (Which I love, btw)

This program allows readers to purchase coins to read the entire book!

This means I get paid for my writing and you get to read this great? (I hope) book!

Your support of Eridanus Flooding means the world to me and encourages me every day to continue writing.

And it will also feed my puppy because who knew they could eat so much?!

But seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

~RC Pointer <—and yes, that is a pseudonym ;)

I noticed that some of you have had some more questions about the Paid Program and what is going to happen to Eridanus Flooding.

I'll try to answer those below:

Can I finish reading the book without paying?

Yes! Until May 10th (or around there), the book will be free and finished by then. That means you can read all the way to the last chapter without paying.

What books are being included in the Paid Program?

Right now, Eridanus Flooding and The Art Thief's Guide To Freedom are joining the Paid Program in May.

Will I have to pay for the sequel to Eridanus Flooding?

No!

At least for now, Phoneix Burning is not in the Paid Program as I wanted everyone who finished Eridanus Flooding to have the opportunity to read the sequel.

One day, in the future, Phoneix Burning could join the Paid Program but not until it's completed. So don't worry about that!

Can I read these books anywhere else?

No, these books are exclusive to the Paid Program so the only way to read them is to purchase coins.

How long with Eridanus Flooding/ The Art Thief's Guide To Freedom be in the Paid Program?

The simple answer is. . . I don't really know. But if you want constant updates about what's going on, give me a follow and I'll let you know when I do :P

I want to support you but I already read the entire book. What do I do?

Well, you're in luck! There will be an extended epilogue after Eridanus Flooding is finished where you can purchase three additional chapters. These chapters take place after Eridanus Flooding but before Phoneix Burning.

Additionally, I am REVAMPING Eridanus Flooding which means there will be different scenes, characters, and of course- more tension between Jack and V.C. So if you want to reread the book or get those different scenes, free feel to purchase the book!

I'd love you for it :P

I can't buy the book and read the new chapters. Does this mean I won't understand the second book?

No! Although the book/ plot is changing slightly, every major instance that happens in the book will remain the same. There may be more information about Jack/ V.C's past in the rewrite but you can still read the sequel and understand it.

If you have any more questions/ concerns, feel free to comment or send me a message!

Thanks!