fifteen

Ten minutes already passed since recess has started. If he doesn't come in five minutes, I'm seriously going back to our classroom.

Actually, I felt more nervous as I ran through my thoughts.

What if he really doesn't come? What if he didn't like my attitude? Maybe he already regret making me as his friend.

Five minutes has passed. That's it, I wasted my time here!

I was about to stand up but the door suddenly opened. I was stunned seeing Beomgyu holding two corndog with his hand. He was even smiling.

He walked towards my direction and sat beside me.

"Here," He said as he gave me the corndog.

"I thought you wouldn't come." I said, staring at the ground.

"Of course, I'd come!"

"Perhaps, are you avoiding me? Did I... made you feel upset?" I asked.

"Huh? Why would I be upset?" He said.

I looked at his confused face. "Are you sure? But you were avoiding me."

He thought for a moment, trying to figure it out.

Then, I continued. "First, you didn't greet me. Second, you didn't reply to my note. And one more thing, you rubbed your eyes. You cried,  didn't you? Admit it, you're upset."

I expected him to apologize but he burst out laughing! Did I say something funny?

"Pfft! I didn't cry! I rubbed my eyes because there was something that went to my eyes." He said, still laughing. "And I'm not really avoiding you."

"How'd you say so?"

"I was just trying to stick with our deal. I did it so that no one would know."

I sighed of relief. So, did I just misunderstood it all?

"Are you being sulky?"

"What are you talking about? I'm not like that."

He made a teasing face.

"Yah! Stop that!" I hit him in his arm.

"That hurts!" He groaned. "Okay, I'll stop. Let's just eat our corndog."