48.) Hello Fear

CHURCH
December 14th

"I hope to see more of your family here soon." Apostle Jones said after shaking Dajon's hand.

"Like you said, God has to lead them here." Renae quoted and he smirked. "I see you've been listening."

"Yup, always." She replied then smiled and he smiled as well.

"You've been looking happier lately, praying more?" He asked.

"Yes." She answered.

"How bout you.. Dajon right?" He asked and Dajon nodded.

"I've been good Pastor, just got back in school last week." He informed and Apostle Jones smiled nodding.

"Good, keep up the work. When sister Karen called and told me about your situation I prayed for you. I told her to give it to Jesus and look at you, healed."

"He sure is." Karen chimed in and Kingston chuckled.

"I know y'all ready to go, so go head and get on out of here. Don't forget to grab some sodas and snacks on your way out." He added.

Thanking him, they all said their goodbyes then headed out.

Grabbing a few sodas and cupcakes on their way out, they got situated in Karen's van.

"Did you like service today DJ?" Karen asked looking at him through the rear view.

"I did, it was pretty good." He answered popping his soda open.

"How do you feel about Apostle Jones?"

"He's a cool dude, he doesn't seem fake. I get genuine vibes from him." He replied then drank some of his soda.

"Yeah, he is. He's funny as well and he'll talk your head off if you let him." She spoke and they laughed.

"She ain't lying bout that." King said rolling the window down and tossed the cupcake wrapper out the window.

Renae stared out the window in deep thought.

Karen glanced over at her picking up on her sudden silence.

"Everything ok sweetheart?" She asked and King and Dajon leaned forward to see what was up.

Karen motioned for them to sit back then tapped Renae.

"Hm?" She hummed looking over at Karen.

"Everything ok?

"Yeah, yeah. Just tired that's all." She partially lied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." Renae answered staring back out the window.

Nodding, Karen stared at her briefly before she focused on the road.

Something was bothering her heavily, but she's been trying to ignore it.

**