Chapter 4 - Magic Bullet

Sitting in class waiting to get our papers back when movement to my left grabs my attention. Stiles hits Scott on the shoulder as he leans forward "If Derek's not the Alpha, if he's not the one that bit you, then who did?"

After Scott left angrily last night when Stiles informed us the bus driver had died, Scott went to Derek's to confront him about killing the bus driver. Derek informed Scott that it wasn't him– just like it wasn't him that bit Scott something called an Alpha did

Scott connects his eyes with mine shaking his head at Stiles' question "I don't know"

Stiles whispers with his continued thought "Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"

Scott again shakes his head "I don't know."

Stiles huffs and sits back in his seat, thinking face in full force as he chews on the inside of his lips.

I look back at my notes when Stiles leans forward again "Does Allison's dad know about the alpha?"

Scott, quick as agitated lightning turns around "I don't know!" making everyone around us jump and look at the pair.

Stiles shares a look with me as I frown at the outburst just trying to help Scott, calm down

Our teacher walks down our shared aisle at that moment and places Stiles' test on his desk, then mine, finally Scott's as he continues down the aisle.

Stiles sees my 'A' smiling proudly with a playful eye roll as we look at Scott and see his 'D-' and a note yikes

Leaning forward Stiles states the obvious "Dude, you need to study more."

Scott just lifts his hand out and flops his test back on his desk with a huff

Stiles chuckles and tries to lighten the mood "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test, you're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying?"

Scott just sighs "No. I'm studying with Allison after school today."

Stiles looks impressively taken aback "That's my boy."

"We're just studying" Scott argues before Stiles counters back quickly "Uh, no, you're not."

Scott looks at me and I shrug like I have any idea where he's going with this

"No, I'm not?" Scott implores as he turns to face his friend who shakes his head "Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I sw– I swear to god I'll have you de-balled." Why the fuck am I surrounded by boys, where are the girls at?

"Oh sweet christ, I don't need to hear this" I grumble and face forward again.

I hear Scott chuckle with my words before he addresses his friend "Okay. Just... stop with the questions man."

I look over my shoulder seeing Stiles raise his hands in surrender "Done. No more questions. No more talk about the Alpha or Derek– especially Derek... who still scares me."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Standing with Allison and Lydia because this is my life now Lydia interrupts Allison "Scott's coming over? Tonight?"