Chapter 10 - Co-Captain

Stiles and I make it to the school in record time, running to the lacrosse field first, however, we find it completely empty. Stiles hits me on the upper arm and hops backwards once before turning "Locker room, come on".

Stiles rounds the corner, addressing Scott as soon as he sees him in front of us "Dude, we have a huge problem–"

Scott, sitting on a bench and holding the back of his neck, looks up when we come to a stop in front of him "Trust me– I know."

Apparently Peter and Derek beat us here and had just showed up in the locker room after the game.

Peter did some werewolf acupuncture in Scott's neck with his Alpha claws and made Scott see everything in Peter's memories from the night of the fire.

All the pain and healing, lumped in with all the murders he's been committing since killing his niece, Laura memory onslaught via Alpha claw– why not

We leave Scott to get sorted before we head home, it's been a long day and I just need to sleep until at least next week.

However I can't because I'm going shopping with the girls tomorrow– for a dress– for the Winter Formal– that I'm not going to– yay having friends who are girls, so much fun

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Lydia and Allison were at my house right on their 9 o'clock promise this morning, however, we didn't go to the mall.

No, no– we went to the woods and Ally brought out what looks like an arrow bow in a bag from her trunk when we got here. Wasn't aware she had such a hobby or why we were pursuing it right this second.

Lydia on the same page as me, huffs out her seventh deep breath of the last ten minutes "Allison– when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping– a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." she is in heels so I can't blame her

Allison doesn't really address that and keeps walking, earning Lydia and I to share a look.

Keeping her fast pace walk in front of us Allison tilts her head to the side, however she doesn't look back "Before I forget Lydia, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something– Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

Lydia looks a little taken aback and squeaks out "Did he?"

I can hear the smirk in Allison's next words "Mhmm– just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." interesting tone for making sure she's ok with it

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia clarifies and I try not to fall on my face on the uneven ground.

Allison never loses her walking speed "Well, yeah–" she chuckles humorlessly "I mean– it's not like I would take him to the Coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." aaaand there it is

I raise my eyebrows at the feisty brunette's back and see Lydia's step falter next to me. Her mouth opens in a mix of shock and guilt at the apparent well known occurrence with her and Scott "Uh, about that–" she connects her gaze with mine and grimaces, before we continue to follow Allison.