50. Complicated

Adam's POV

It's Sunday today, officially a week since I last talked to her. And to say that I have been a mess since then won't be a lie.

One girl.

One ordinary girl.

Never in my life had I thought one girl would affect me this much.

That too, a girl like her. Intrusive, overzealous and annoying.

But why am I missing her annoying qualities?

Why?

"Adam." Grandma's voice reached my ears and I sat up on the bed. She soon entered inside, dressed in a yellow polka dot shirt with pink pants. Her style had always been a little.. Um.. Inexplicable.

"Sweetie, I have packed your bag." she said, her voice kind and loving, not something I was used to. "Careful, there is baked potatoes and grilled chicken with gravy packed in there so don't shake it too much."

"Thanks." I said formally, not knowing how to deal with her over-enthusiasm.

"Are you seriously thanking your mother's mother, young man?" she said and patted my head. Blush crept up my neck at her action and I scooted away.

She wasn't old old. In fact, she was in her early fifties. She gave birth to my mother when she was fifteen and then, my mother had me when she was seventeen so she was younger than she should be.

"Now sweetheart!" she started again. "Tell me about that girl who's on your mind every minute?" she asked and I choked on the air.

"G.. Girl? What girl? There's no girl." I blatantly lied, rubbing the back of my head.

"Don't lie to me Adam. I ain't believing this bullshit." she said and I stared at her blankly when she said bullshit. "I've been in love before so I know what a person in love looks like."

"Love?" I whispered.

I don't love her. Sure I find her interesting. Sure I like to hear her talk about all the stupid things. Sure I hate when she is with Noah. Sure I sometimes want to grab her with her butt and kiss the hell out of her. But that doesn't mean I love her. It's just infatuation.

Yes, Infatuation.

"Yes, love." she said.

Shaking my head, I responded, "I'm not in love Grandma. Sorry to say this but you are wrong this time."

"I can never be wrong in this matter." she challenged.

Sweat drops appeared on my forehead out of nowhere as I denied once again. For the first time in this week, I felt claustrophobic in this house and I wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Love?

That's crazy.

I don't love her.

How can I love a girl who just ruined everything I have been struggling for? My self-respect, my identity, my mother's honour.

It's impossible for me to love her.

...

As soon as I stepped into my own room, I heaved a sigh of relief. No matter how small or plain it was, It was still my heaven, my sanctuary. Tiffany asked to bring some food for me but I refused, my stomach was still aching because of all the food that grandma had packed.

On instinct, the first thing I did was opening the window of my room. With curious eyes, I peeked inside her room but pitch black darkness welcomed me. A strange wave of disappointment enveloped me and I backed away from the window, collapsing on my bed.

A muscle in my chest clenched as the tears welled inside her eyes made an appearance in my mind. I won't say I regret saying those words because I don't. Those things needed to be said, for my sanity, and for hers. We... Us.. This could never happen.

But her tears!

Those big, glassy tears in her big, brown eyes.

"Ugh." I groaned, forcing my mind to stop thinking about her.

Why does this has to be so complicated?

Why can't I be a normal teenager? Someone she deserves. Someone who doesn't have a big, emotional baggage tied to his legs.

"Oh Alicia!" I groaned once again, her name rolled down my tongue in a very delicate manner.

...

I woke up with the sound of horn piercing my ears. Yawning, I woke up and sat straight on the bed. My neck was aching due to sleeping in an uncomfortable position.

Slowly, I marched towards the window and peeked outside, only to meet with a fancy car standing outside the King's house.

When the person stepped outside of it, I controlled myself from dumping a bucket of water on that person. It was Noah, leaned against what looked like his new car, while my old, dirty bike stood in its full wrecked glory in one corner.

Leaning against the window, I watched as Alicia stepped out of her house and made her way to his car.

There, the weird, unsettling feeling once again arose in my chest.

She looked beautiful, dressed in skinny jeans and a pink T-shirt, her smooth hair pulled back in a pony tail, light makeup enhancing her soft features. The T-shirt was not too tight or too loose for her, just the perfect fit, hugging her delicious curves and enhancing her feminine beauty.

But one thing irked me. The smile on her face. Not because her smile itself was ugly but what hurt me was that the reason behind it was Noah.

Flirty, pretentious, manwhorish yet still somehow perfect, Noah.

Shutting the window close, I went back inside my room and got ready for school. Joey, Tiffany's boyfriend, gave me a ride to school. As soon as I stepped inside, all the eyes focused on me. Words were exchanged, laughters boomed, taunts were thrown towards me as I made my way inside, keeping my head strong.

If I though one week would magically wipe that incidence from their memory, I was wrong.

But I couldn't care less.

If my father didn't think twice before leaving me, what can I expect from these strangers?

When I reached the locker room, my eyes fell on Chloe and her clique, whispering something in each other's ears as they saw me. If this bitch thought I would believe her over Alicia, she was wrong. I had my reasons for saying those words to Alicia, but the stupid stunt that Chloe pulled was not listed in those reasons.

As I was drawing my books from the locker, I felt a presence behind me. A male presence to be exact.

"Hey man." he said as soon as I turned around.

There was a strange emotion on his face, something resembling guilt and acknowledgement.

"What?" my voice was hard, usually hard as I watched Noah with blank eyes.

"I think we should hang out some day and talk about-

"Talk about what exactly?" I cut him in between and threw a glare at his direction.

"About us. Um.... Our family and.."

"Us?" I kept my voice low. "There is no us. What did you think? You'll come to me and automatically, everything will be alright between us?"

"Listen man-" I cut him for the third time.

"I have nothing to do with you, your father and your family. I'm an orphan. Save it in your tiny brain." I said and walked past him, ignoring all the people who were watching me leave.

_____________________________

Follow me on instagram. @me_mahu12

By the way, describe Adam in three words.