Chapter 12

Excited yelps woke Alyson from her deep sleep. She tried to reach out to calm the young pup but found her hand encased and unable to move. She nearly gasped as she saw Hayden's form slumped on the side of the bed holding her hand softly but strongly. Alyson felt a blush creep onto her face.

She studied the hunched figure. Hayden's playful almost cocky smile was gone and replaced with a soft smile of sleep. Alyson found it almost impossible to look away, she knew Hayden was handsome before but now he looked like an angel unworthy of this world. Or at least that's what she thought.

His hair looked so soft and shined like silk, she imagined it would feel softer than any material she'd ever felt. She yearned to reach out and run her fingers through it.

Another loud yelp made Alyson come to her senses, she was being a creep. Alyson slowly untangled her hand careful not to wake Hayden up. She felt grateful he stayed with her. She turned wearily to the loud pup. Kai was excitedly bouncing around the room.

He must have to use the bathroom. Slowly Alyson slipped out of bed and onto the cold wooden floor a shiver went up to her back. She walked softly to the door and everything groaned in pain but she pushed onward. Kai flew from the room, only now did she notice it was bright and sunny outside.

Alyson looked down her shirt still covered in blood some skinwalkers, some Dylan's, some her own. Her mouth tasted iron from the blood she's been excreting.

If her family saw her they'd be having a fit at the amount of dirt that covered every inch of her.

Alyson laughed as she opened the door to let Kai out. A voice from behind her made her jump out of her skin.

"About time, I thought you had died," the teasing voice of Daniel spoke.

"I honestly feel like I've died and then was forced to come back," Alyson says offering a small smile of her own.

"Have a seat, I made some coffee," Daniel says pointing to the coffee maker. Alyson walked confidently over to the covered and opened the one that held the mugs. She stared surprised. How did she know where they were? She'd never looked nor paid attention to where the mugs were placed.

"Those physic powers of yours are kind of freaky, no?" Daniel asks his eyes wide as if he too realised what had happened.

"Very freaky indeed," Alyson said pouring a cup of coffee she didn't add anything, her stomach curled at the thought of anything other than the black coffee.

"How you feelin'?"Daniel asks his deep golden eyes serious.

"Alive, but also like I got hit by a bus. My head still feels fuzzy and I'm burning up. I feel like everything is on fire," Alyson says being completely honest.

"It's probably just a fever, Grandmother Willow told me that once this fever breaks you'll be fine," Daniels says, "until then, you're on bed rest. Once you finish your coffee, you're going back to bed." His tone was absolute and left no room for arguments.

"But what about Kai?" Alyson asks.

"I have four boys, and an extra three right now, a wolf pup is nothing new," Daniels says laughing. A question suddenly loomed over her head,

"I have a question," Alyson voices.

"Shoot."

"When a were couple has children are they born while in wolf form, or human form?" Alyson asks.

"Well, most weres are born human. But if it's a pureblood-as in both parents are Weres- then it depends if the baby-or babies where made in wolf form or human form. If human while the child is made then it will be birthed human. However, if wolf form, the mom will shift before birth and give birth to a litter of pups. That isn't very common anymore since the pups would grow up as pups instead of a human, which means they'd have zero people skills. So, parents opt for the human way. Why do you ask?" Daniel asks his eyes gleaming.