Inside the Mind of Jonathan Crane.

Where is she? Did she escape? Is she even alive? Where is she? Jonathan Crane was still, near frozen, his blue eyes were locked onto the window that overlooked the Narrows. He didn't belong here. This was a hell that he created and now he had fallen victim to it. Stuck in a funny coloured strait-jacket and on constant medical observation by an intern by the name of Harleen Quinzel. She was... intriguing to say the least. Her interests in the minds of criminals was admirable and even reminded Jonathan somewhat of himself. But even his interest in corrupting her couldn't move him from the two things he really wanted: Revenge and Lilah.

"Scarecrow..." When Jonathan first heard the name, he was just a boy, in the tenth grade in fact. People would say that his thin frame reminded them of a Scarecrow. Naturally, their words consisted of cruelty and intention of pain. Which they had succeeded in. The second time Jonathan had heard that name was when Carmine Falcone, Lilah's step father and his previous business partner spoke it over and over. He would just stare into space repeating it over and over and for quite some time, Jonathan never understood why. The name made absolutely no sense until... Jonathan swallowed- he had promised himself to enact revenge against this so called Batman for what he did to him. He was no better than the scum that surrounded this hell. "Scarecrow..." The name had grown to be a comfort to Jonathan. Scarecrow's were terrifying, that was their purpose. Such a fitting name for a man of fear- that's what Jonathan Crane was. A master of Fear. Scarecrow. All he needed now for his little Phobia to come back to him and things would be complete. With her by his side, revenge against Batman would be simple. He would then understand fear and what it meant when someone crossed him. 

"Don't touch me!" Looking over his shoulder, Jonathan rolled his eyes at the woman behind him. She, like him, was a patient- in fact, she was his patient before he was admitted. Watching her as the guards restrained her, Jonathan couldn't help but smirk- she reminded him of Lilah: hot tempered, arrogant and rebellious. Raleigh Jackson was thirty years of age and suffered from a severe antisocial personality disorder that bordered on her even being considered a sociopath. Raleigh was manipulative, cunning and a great liar, hence why she was his patient. What made her dangerous however, was her beauty. Raleigh was a slim woman with blue eyes that were particularly noticeable due to the dark makeup she always wore. Raleigh also had shoulder length dark brown, near black hair that shaped her face with a side fringe that swept across the right side of her face. The most irritating part of her 'hairstyle' was the one long strand of her hair that hung over her right shoulder that was nearly almost in a plait. Due to many mishaps with the other patients and 'temper tantrums' as Jonathan liked to call them, Raleigh was able to wear her own version of the inmate clothing which mostly consisted of tight fitting white singlets that showed the tattoos that covered her right shoulder and bicep with the bluey-green long slacks. Many men had been forced to either leave Arkham Asylum or join a different ward after being seduced by Raleigh. Jonathan Crane was one of the few who saw Raleigh for what she was: power hungry and frightened by the idea of being alone and forgotten. 

"Let Miss Jackson go." The blonde intern, Harleen spoke in her normal, high pitched tone of voice that made Jonathan cringe every time she opened her mouth. The guards did as they were told, releasing Raleigh from their hold, their eyes narrowed and their fists clenched. Raleigh smirked, readjusting her singlet before winking at Harleen who cleared her throat, "Raleigh, I have to ask ya to try not to cause anymore trouble. The Warden will have my head if he finds out that you've caused even more trouble. I'm afraid that should the guards need to restrain you one more time. I will have t report you." She said to Raleigh who wasn't even listening. Why should she? Harleen wasn't intimidating, nor was The Warden, the only thing that could strike any fear into her heart was sitting in a strait jacket and staring out a window, waiting for a certain woman to come set him free. 

"Sure thing, Harls." Raleigh smiled in a playful manner, bringing her slim fingers up to play with her bottom lip. After giving her one last 'I'm warning you' look, Harleen turned on her heel, striding out of the ward with the two guards (Lyle and another) close at behind her. Watching them go, Raleigh then spun around, her arms flailing out around her before she sighed dramatically, catching Jonathan's eye who immediately averted his gaze, returning to the window. Behind him, he could hear her slow footsteps coming closer and closer towards him. 

"Hey, doc. Miss me?" She teased, her lips brushing against his ear. Jonathan simply ignored her, she was irritating during their therapy sessions and now he was forced to share a ward with her. 

"Raleigh..." He greeted coldly, his eyes still locked to the outside world that longed for him. Moving around in front of him, Raleigh's eyes watched him almost in amusement before she made the decision to sit beside him as she did every day, 

"What's wrong, Crane? Not in the mood for talking? Or should I call you Scarecrow now?" She smiled, looking down to examine her nails, 

"Leave me be and I may spare your life when I leave this place." Jonathan hissed, his gaze finding the face of Raleigh who wore a smug expression, 

"God, I forgot what a brat you were." She muttered, "Still waiting on that chick? Lilly? Lilith?"

"Lilah." He snapped. 

"Hmph, close enough." Raleigh shrugged. Jonathan gritted his teeth, he wanted nothing more than to rip her apart and if it were not for the strait jacket that constricted him, he would do so with a smile. 

"It would be wise of you to remember that it is I that have spent a large portion of your Arkham life learning every detail of your life and behaviour. If you're wanting to strike fear in my heart, you, my dear, should consider a different path." He said. Raleigh's eyes locked onto him with a serious expression, "For I will not stop until you're nothing more than a screaming ball of fear trembling before me." A moment of silence passed before Raleigh smiled, leaning towards Jonathan who remained neutral, refusing to back down, 

"How about we stop pretending that I can't kill you and do my nails at the same time." She smirked before tilting her head, "I have spent years running from my enemies, Jonathan Crane. You think that I don't have a plan? And if that fails a Plan B, a Plan C and well... you know how the alphabet goes." She purred, biting her lower lip, "For all you know... Raleigh Jackson isn't even my real name." She whispered in his ear before standing up and leaving Jonathan who stared after her. Not even a bat of an eyelid, Raleigh Jackson was cunning, manipulative and a liar. Not to be trusted. But then again, the only difference between her and Lilah was that he had control over Lilah. 

A/N: Thought I'd introduce a little more Jonathan :P <3 missing him so much :)