Chapter 16

Dylan felt his body slowly start to become his own again, the feeling of not being in control of your own body made him scared. What scared him, even more, was that he couldn't remember what happened while he had the fever.

Luca was the first to come over, his eyes were sad.

"What did I do," Dylan asks his voice quivers. Luca was quiet for so long Dylan was sure he wasn't going to tell him but was surprised when he finally spoke.

"Listen, what you do while you have the fever isn't something you can control. It's not your fault, okay?"

"Luca! What happened!" Dylan says raising his voice, but Luca didn't need to continue as he saw Kai sleeping in Mason's lap.

"I attacked Alyson didn't I?" Dylan asks his voice barely audible. Luca wouldn't meet his eye, Dylan felt like he'd been dropped in a pool of ice water.

"Is...is she..." Dylan couldn't bring himself to say the word. Luca's eyes go wide.

"No, she's alive but she doesn't look too good. Hayden said she's got a dislocated shoulder, and her back is torn to shreds. But she's alive," Luca says.

"Did I scratch her?" Dylan asks fear of making Alyson a Were consumed him.

"No, it looks like it was made by a tree or something like that," Luca says sitting crossed legged next to him. Dylan let out a sigh of relief.

"How long have I been out?" Dylan asks.

"Since we pulled you out of the fever, and it's about 2 in the afternoon, so I'd say a good few hours," Luca says.

"Can you leave me alone for a bit please?" Dylans asks. Luca nods and gets up. Out of all the people that lived in this town he's saught out Alyson? Why her? Dylan shook with self-hatred.

Why did he go out on his own? Why didn't he wait for the other? How could he be so stupid? Hayden sprung up from behind him and raced over to one of the pockets in the cave. Alyson must be awake. Dylan wonders if she hates him now.

Alyson was one of the few people he actually liked, he felt like he could tell her anything and she'd never judge him or hate him. He turned his back on her once and now he attacks her. God, how stupid could he be?

Alyson was the purest sweetest person, she didn't deserve all this! She deserved to be happy! She deserved to be a part of the pack, she was strong! She knew just as much about survival as they did, in fact, she most likely knew more! She had this amazing power to talk to animals! And she could see into the future! Just because she got sick doesn't mean they should've turned their backs on her like she was a piece of broken glass! She was Titanium! Dylan's thoughts raged on and on about how much he didn't want to leave her behind again.

Suddenly, she walked out everyone instantly got quiet. She really looked rough, but she walked out with annoyance on her face. Collin tried to help her but she shooed him off. She remained strong as she walked to the group. And sat down next to Mason with grace even though she must be in immense pain right now.

No one spoke as she gazed at each of the boys no one met her eye, her face soft and full of hope. When she reached Dylan looked away overcome with guilt.

Her face fell when she stopped looking around, and the silence was tough, she let out a sad sigh and pulled her knees to her chest.

Dylan's heart sank at the amount of pain he saw flash through her eyes. Her eyes lacked the gleam they once had and the brilliant blue turned soft and almost grey. This wasn't the Alyson Dylan had known, this was an empty shell of the once-peppy girl. His heart hurt.