Chapter 18

Alyson's body felt extremely heavy and her head seemed to pound so hard she was sure her head was about to explode. Her ears were ringing from the pain.

Her eyelids were heavy things made of steel. She fought them with every fibre of her being and slowly they rose open and she scanned the room. It was white and a bit off-putting.

Her eyes fell to the person next to her, they gripped her hand as if it would disappear if they let go.

His dark smokey hair stood out in Alyson's memories.

She knew this person, their name was on the tip of her tongue, Greyson? No, It started with an H.. Then it hit her Hayden! His name was Hayden. How could she forget?

He was looking out the window with a puzzled look on his face, he hadn't noticed she was awake yet.

She saw a few others in there too. One with strikingly blue eye, Mason, maybe. Another with dark black hair, Dustin. One with so many colours mixed in their hair it made it look odd, Collin. The next was a man that was a mix of all other other four combined, Daniel, their father.

A young boy his eyes extremely sad as he talked with a boy with yellow blond hair. The young one was Dylan and the other was Luca. The last looked like he'd been coloured with the same crayon both his air and eyes were a steely grey, that was Nate.

Why were they all here and why did all of them look so sad? What had happened? Images of yesterday came flashing through her mind the feeling of falling and slamming her head into the rock made her feel dizzy.

"Hayden?" She croaked out her voice scratchy with disuse. His eyes snapped to her instantly and a smile rose to his face making it almost blinding. No else seemed to hear.

"Yes?" he asks his thumb rubbing small circles on the back of her hand.

"Am I dead?" Alyson asks. Hayden laughs at this and shakes his head no.

"No, thank god." The way he said it made Alyson feel suddenly all warm inside.

"I'm at the hospital then?"

"Yes." Alyson's hands suddenly shot to her hair once she felt it's curly goodness she sighed with relief.

"They had to shave a bit in the back to get to your stitches in, but it's a small square you can easily hide in all this mane," Hayden says gently ruffling her hair. She smiles in relief. Her hair was her favourite part about herself. It was extremely rare to get naturally blonde hair that was also curly.

"How long have I been here?"

"Maybe a day or so, not long."

"And when can I go home?"

"The doctor says you need to stay at least another night to make sure you don't have any brain damage. After that, you're free to go."

"How long have you been here you look like you need some sleep."Hayden's eyes hardened a bit.

"I've been here the whole time, Dylan and I found you after you slipped. You did slip right?" Hayden asks his words were loaded with such powerful emotion it hurt her.

"I was going out of my room and my shoulder didn't support me, so I fell. I fell and didn't think to reach out and catch myself. I sure as hell didn't do it on purpose," Alyson said getting a bit defensive. Hayden's face changed into pure relief.

Soon the rest of the guys noticed she was awake and greeted her. Dylan seemed to be the happiest to see her. Dylan hugged her so tight she almost saw stars. She had to admit though the little dude was growing on her.