26. Skirt season is over

"How about this one?" Caitlynn held up a yellow floral top I barely remembered buying.

"No." I shook my head.

"I think we went through like everything in your closet." She collapsed beside me.

I sighed and just closed my eyes. I hated figuring out what to wear. I didn't know what Trevor expected but I was so much more comfortable in a t shirt and jeans. This was a huge reason I hated first dates.

"Let's find bottoms and match a top to them?" She suggested.

"I thought I was just going to wear jeans." I told her.

"Don't you want to blow him away with this super killer outfit? You wear jeans like everyday." She pushed herself off my bed and sat down in front of my dresser pulling the drawer open.

"I don't know if I have much else besides jeans." I joined her on the floor.

She didn't answer, she just searched the drawer intensely.

"What are you looking for?" I questioned.

"This." She pulled the black jean skirt out of the drawer and held it out to me.

"You do realize that it's getting cold out? Skirt season is kind of over." I wasn't trying to freeze even if the outfit was cute.

"That's what these are for." She threw my black over the knee socks at me.

"Cait I don't think I am following the vision." I stared at her.

"Ok we will try these too." She grabbed my dark grey socks as well.

"Cait I think I'll just wear jeans." I put the skirt and socks on my bed.

"Trust me for two seconds? I'll grab a top and you can try them on and if you hate it and want to go with something else I'll let you wear jeans."

I couldn't say no to her. I nodded and she started flipping through my shirts.

"When did you get this?" She held up the grey long sleeve crop top.

"About a year ago but I never wear it." I had bought it thinking it would be something cute to wear with high waisted jeans but I tended to grab a loose t shirt in the morning instead.

"Ok go with the dark grey socks and these." She grabbed my all black high top converse.

"Don't you think this outfit is a little dark? Especially with my black hair?" I gave her a questioning look.

"I think black is your color." She shrugged.

I looked down at the outfit again and sighed. I would trust her.

I walked out once I got changed and I watched as Caitlynns face fell.

"I swear that looked cuter in my head." She laughed.

"This is not funny, he's going to be here in thirty minutes." I smacked her arm.

"Sorry, I like the skirt but the top is a no. I see why you don't wear it."

I glared at her again but she didn't notice she was already off back in my closet.

"Put this on." She handed me a teal cropped sweater I had worn probably twice.

I slide it over my head and looked in the mirror. This looked a lot better than the shirt.

"See that's so much better." Cait smiled.

I examined myself some more and tilted my head.

"You look hot, don't over think it." She assured me.