paul #5 | wonderful tonight

:,) The title is based off the Eric Clapton song :,)

Late in the evening, Paul finally pulled into the driveway. You breathed a sigh of relief. Mary was fussing in your arms. She knew her daddy was home.

Paul opened the door cautiously, careful not to wake the baby. He turned his head left to the kitchen, only to see his wife comforting their baby. The sight could've brought him to tears.

You were distraught looking, you thought; sleep deprived, messy make up, messed up hair. As you can tell, parenthood wasn't treating you so well. Though it was worth it.

"Hello darling" Paul cooed as he came closer. He kissed your forehead and stared down at your little baby, her hazel eyes looking up at him. "And hello to you too love" he said taking Mary's little hand into his. You smiled at the sight.

"Can you get Mary down for bed, I look awfu-" Paul cut you off "Honey, you look wonderful tonight. But yes I will put her down" he kissed your lips and walked off.

After removing your makeup and cleaning yourself up a bit, you retired to the living room. Soon after you sat down, Paul came over with a cup of tea for both of you. You took the cuppa from him and stared at him a little.

"Mary looks just like you" you said studying his features. His big hazel eyes and small nose were features she had inherited. "Well I'd hope so, she is my kid" he said joking, you rolled your eyes and threw your hands around his neck. Paul went in for the kiss first. You kissed back immediately.

Paul pulled away sighing, "Y'know I really wish I was here more often during the day. I don't want you to be by yourself with her" he expressed. "It's okay honey, we need the money. You're just doing what you gotta do" you reassured him. He nodded but didn't respond.

After watching the news, Paul suggested it was time for bed. So you made your way to the bedroom and changed out of your day clothes, helping Paul out of his. It was nothing sexual, just a wife helping her husband get ready for bed.

The bed seemed extra comfy that night with Paul by your side. You felt him wrap his big arm around you, a smile spread across your face.