MTM.17

stupid, godly mate bond

"You haven't?" Asked Leo, the tone of surprise coating his words. "I assumed that you would know right away."

"Yes, well, I would have centuries ago," Morpheus replied in all seriousness, "but, times have changed."

"Alpha, I don't mean to interfere in your personal matters, but I know your mate through one of the best warriors in this pack and I truly hope you're not planning to-"

Interrupted instantly, and not by his voice. Shivers even ran up my spine, and I found myself sticking to the wall even closer than I was before when I heard Morpheus stomp his feet against the ground. Turning my head, I peeked in to see Morpheus towering over Leo, a man who I always thought was quite intimidating, who now looked like an ant standing next to a bear. Morpheus leaned down to face him, his lips pulling up slightly at the sides as he spoke lowly, his tone was harsh, cruel, rough. "Are you sure you want to continue?"

"Alpha, I'm sor-"

"What were you saying?" Morpheus spoke as if he was invincible, not caring how bad his attitude was, or how his words were messing with others. In this case, I told myself, he really is invincible. "You can say it."

"I think that I've already disrespected you and her enough, more than enough," Leo said with his head down, seeing the look of defeat on his face made me want to sink into a hole. I've never seen him look so powerless. "I should not have brought her up in the first place. I shouldn't have an opinion on you and your mate, especially so early on."

"No worries, Leo, but don't make the mistake again because you won't like the consequences," Morpheus promised, and backed off. Scoffing at how he acted around people, I rolled my eyes so far back in my head that I could only see black for a good second. The more I followed him around, the more I wanted to punch him in the face, but going up against a tall, muscled man who was half-God and half-werewolf didn't seem fair to me. Obviously, I would beat him to a pulp. I would pull a complete Viviana and beat him with my heavy purse, although, in her case she attacked someone who tried to steal her purse in the first place. Talk about ironic.

Morpheus acted so high and mighty, like he couldn't be touched. Well, take this. I know that I didn't meet him with my own free will, so now there's nothing keeping me here. The thought pained my heart, but I knew better. This was not real.

Slipping away, I tip-toed down the hall with a permanent frown. What a stupid thought, cursing myself in my head as I pouted, did you really think he would be different? He's the same as he is in the stories. A mean man who deserved to be put to sleep, for however long, if anything he should have stayed asleep. I know for a fact that if I was in my right mind then I wouldn't go near that tomb, never in a million years would I have eve-

My face pounded against a rock solid wall, a loud thud echoed through the empty hallway. "Ow," I whimpered while I managed to take a small step backwards, eyes squeezed shut as I rubbed my nose. "Isn't that just my luck."

Before I even looked up I was turned to leave, to sidestep whatever was in my way. But the feel of my hand being grabbed harshly shocked me instantly, and instead of avoiding the wall, I ended up being shoved face first into it once again. "What the-" my words were cut off with a gurgle of surprise as my eyes finally opened wide, staring right up at Morpheus.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his voice smooth and calm. Just like a sociopath. "Would you like some company?"

Manipulative, evil, snide, conniving, sly, so many words that I've heard to describe him. He spent years practically dead and humans still thought bad of him, he was a murderer to us, but I still didn't quite get what he was to his pack. Calmly, I replied, "No, I was just leaving."

"Leaving?" Morpheus tilted his head, "Where are you planning to go?"

"None of your business," I hurried out, gulping down whatever fear I had. This mate bond must be doing something, because I feel amazing, like I'm the one who is truly invincible. It felt like all the nerve, all the power Morpheus ever had was rubbing off on me.

"Oh, really?" He questioned, but it didn't sound like one, if anything it was more taunting. "Well, would you like me to walk you home then?"

My eyes widened, "How did you kn-"

"Haven't we already had this conversation?" Morpheus tapped my forehead, being too quick that I barely had time to push his hand away. "Don't you remember what I told you? If you don't want somebody to get into your mind, then don't let them."

His hands caressed my bare arms, tingles following along. Stupid, stupid, stupid mate bond. All too quick, the soft feel of his rough hands turned hard as he grabbed on, digging into my skin. Morpheus leaned closer to me, his nose just barely touching my own, "Why do you think so bad of me?"

A dizzy feeling sunk into my forehead, my mind fogging up as the view of Morpheus turned blurry.

She was there, the woman in white, the moon glowed behind her. Beautiful, she was so beautiful. The glow of the moon highlighted her features, the soft ones that Morpheus didn't have. Her head turned to look down, her thin hand wrapped gently around a small one that was pointed up towards her, and with each word she spoke her lips gently moved to speak them, "Look over there, my son, look." Her eyes wandered forward, and so did his.

I was beginning to get used to this thing he was doing, but I feel I would forever hate when he does it.

His head turned, he first saw the familiar pack house, it was as magnificent as ever. However, it was different and noticeably old, or at least it looked way older and a tad smaller. But, I could feel it, he wasn't looking at it the same way. He didn't know what it was.

"You see this?" Her voice was smooth, the words rolling off her tongue. So, this is where Morpheus gets it from.

"Yes," he whispered, low and small.

"Your father is in there. He is the Alpha of this pack house."

"Am I an Alpha, too?" Morpheus asked, his excitement burning up as his voice got louder with each word that came out. "Am I, mother, am I?"

My eyes snapped open as I let out a loud gasp of air, slapping my hands against his chest before he could get any closer, and I pushed him back.

That's really starting to annoy me.

W O R D C O U N T : 1310

Warning. This is really, really, really rough. And, I haven't gone over it a thousand times until I felt happy with it. So, just giving a heads up.

I'm really sorry for not updating last Sunday, but my weekends have been busy and so stressful.

Now, I'm going to be editing my chapters to this because I feel that they're super rough, like I feel that I got lazy somewhere after the first couple chapters, so I will be fixing them up to my standards.

Nothing major, maybe, but just small improvements.

YOOO I SWEAR I PUBLISHED THIS ON SUNDAY!!!??

Ain't that just my luck.

I'll publish it now.