35 ⸸

It all made sense to the doctor now: Seokjin most likely saw Yoongi and him hug, that's why he misinterpreted things. He was about to clear everything up when Seokjin accidentally bumped into a guy about Namjoon's age who was in a bad mood.

"Don't you see me standing here, freak!" The guy pushed Seokjin back, but Namjoon cut in between them.

"Are you his boyfriend or something?" The words made Namjoon's heart say one thing, but what came out of his mouth was another.

"He's my friend. But we'll be on our way, we wouldn't want to waste our time in a lowlife like you. Excuse us." He left with Seokjin, but deep down inside he still felt the urge to punch that guy in the face for making the poor man feel that way.

He wrapped his arm around Seokjin's shoulder again, pulling him closely.

"Don't pay attention to that guy, his brain is probably the size of a pebble." He paid for his and Seokjin's clothes and they left.

~~~

When they were walking outside of the mall, the man's mask kept gaining attention from strangers. Some good and some bad.

"Can you breathe with that on?"

"What's wrong with him... Is he sick?"

"Are you his body guard?" He also heard people laughing behind his back, and a few children were frightened by the mask.

He felt like a monster.

Namjoon was the only person keeping him from running away.

They made it back to the car, put their bags in the back seats, and drove off.

Namjoon saw just how upset the man was.

He could feel the sadness through his eyes.

"You're probably angry right now. Those people are all ignorant, Seokjin." He calmly said, staring at him.

"Those people are right. I'm a monster. A danger hazard to you." Seokjin's voice was lowered, as well as his head which was pressed against the window to avoid the eye contact with the doctor.

"That's when you're wrong, you aren't a danger hazard to me. To me you're a completely normal, sweet, and handsome man. And you're my friend, you'd never be a danger to me." He heard the man sniffle.

"So is he." The doctor looked at him, confused.

"He?"

"Yoongi. He's your friend too, your real and actually normal looking friend. I'm nothing more than a mere patient to you. I'm nothing." The sound of Namjoon's heart shattering could be heard from a mile away.

He couldn't believe the words coming from the man's mouth.

"You're something, Seokjin." The man was getting stressed.

"What am I to you?" The question was so sudden that Namjoon didn't know what to properly answer without ruining anything else.

The man kept quiet and sank in his seat. The ride was long, bumpy, and intense, but things only got worse when Namjoon arrived home.

Seokjin got out of the car and closed the car door without saying a word.

They get inside of the apartment. Namjoon knew he messed up, but he didn't know what to do to make things better. The tension in the apartment could be cut with a knife.

"What am I?" The man finally removed his mask, exposing his mouth. His lips were very plump, reddened, and swollen from the heat of the mask. Namjoon was so distracted by the man that he couldn't reply to him and left him hanging again.

Seokjin angrily turned around but the man held his arm before he could go anywhere else.

"Perfect. You're perfect, Seokjin." He held him in his arms and their eyes met. Seokjin kept his lips sealed, unable to move. Namjoon thought that by complimenting the man he would feel better about himself, so kept going.

"So perfect. So handsome." He couldn't help but caress his face just the way he did in his dream.

Seokjin leaned in, no longer able to resist the handsome man in front of him. He was too tempted by the way Namjoon was caressing his face.

Their lips were the last things to smoothly caress against each other. Namjoon realized he was kissing a man, and kissing his own patient, but he couldn't stop. Seokjin was irresistible.

His heart was beating out of his chest, a rush of blood flowed through his head and cheeks, and his body craved more.

The man tasted like blood, but Namjoon only assumed he had bitten his tongue or something, until he felt something sharp and pointy poke his bottom lip when he pulled away from Seokjin's lips.

Seokjin was so caught up in the moment, his mouth was hanging open exposing his teeth.

"Seokjin... You're a vampire?" He nearly screamed. The man approached him, cleaning the blood away from Namjoon's lips.

"Dr. Kim, don't fear me."