Chapter 15

As Catina stared at Greyson and Catrina who were sneakily peering over the edge of the window, she had a strange feeling that it was going to be a tiring day.

Catina bit her lip, before speaking, "I don't think this is a good idea."

Catrina glanced at her briefly before replying, "You don't think any of my ideas are good."

Already knowing that nothing she said would get through to her older sister, Catina turned to Greyson. It had been about a month since they meet, and Catina knew that despite his occasional awkwardness, he was a sensible person.

"Greyson, you don't have to go along with her idea."

"I know." He replied quietly.

"If you're so against it Tina then you should just go relax, we'll come find you after we're done." Catrina replied leisurely.

"You mean after you get into trouble?" Catina replied sarcastically.

Catrina smirked, "We're not going to get caught."

Catina didn't know where her sister got her confidence from. To Catina, it was obvious that they would get caught, and that when they did, they would be in a lot a trouble.

Catina turned to Greyson, "Do you really believe that?"

"No." He replied, "But I'm curious as to how good uncle's reflexes are."

Catina sighed before squatting down next to the window. She really didn't understand their obsession with swordsmanship.

"Okay, in order for this to work we need to be quick." Catrina said excitedly. "Once he walks closer to the window, Greyson will throw a water ball at him, and then we duck."

Catina groaned, "Father's definitely going to find out it was us."

Still, even though Catina was nervous, it would be a lie to say that she wasn't excited. If the water ball missed, then she'd be able to see how fast her father could move; and if it didn't, she would get to see him drenched in water.

Catrina giggled as Greyson took out a flask and began manipulating the water inside. Since Greyson was new to wielding magic, if he wanted the water ball to move quickly, then he could only use a small amount. It was only just enough to get Logan's hair wet.

After waiting for a few minutes, Logan finally walked by. In his hand was a large sword, and he had a very stern look on his face. 

"I think father was training the soldiers earlier." Catina whispered.

"Good." Catrina said mischievously. "Hopefully he won't have the stamina to bother with us."

All three of them peered over the edge as Logan walked by.

"I don't think he'll pass close to the window." Greyson whispered

"Then we'll have to shoot it from this distance." Catrina replied.

Without another word, Greyson launched the water ball at Logan.

Catina watched in amazement as her father smoothly stepped to the side and avoided the water ball.

"Guess that answers that." said Greyson.

Before they even had a chance to discuss what they had just saw, Logan looked up in their direction before sprinting for the window.

"What is he going to do?" Catina questioned. She was genuinely confused. The three of them were on the third floor and there was no door in the direction he was running.

"In moments like these," Catrina started seriously, "The best course of action would be to run."

"What? Do you know how tall this building is?" Greyson asked in confusion, "Even if he planned on jumping, he wouldn't make it."

"I don't think he's planning on jumping." Catina whispered quietly.

Catrina and Greyson looked at her curiously.

Without another word, Catina pointed outside, her face pale.

When Catrina and Greyson looked over the edge, they were extremely shocked. Using only his bare hands, Logan was speedily climbing up the wall in their direction.

"What do we do?" Greyson asked anxiously.

"What do you mean," Catrina shrieked, "Obviously now is the time to start running."

Without another word Catrina took off running, dragging Catina along with her as she did so.

For the rest of the hour, the screams of children could be heard as Logan chased them around the mansion. By the time Logan caught all three of them, it was about time for their afternoon nap.

Seeing their exhausted and obedient state, Logan considered chasing them around the house more often.