Extra Chapter

Extra Chapter

**Dedicated to Celia (quillleviosa) for being so supportive and just a really nice person in general.**

☼☼ ☼☼

Bliss.

That was the only word that came close to describing how I felt as I lay on the sun lounger, simply absorbing the sounds and smells of the Mallorcan beach. At mid-afternoon, the blazing sun was scorching hot as it beat down onto my skin, and its intense heat was only mildly appeased by the occasional breeze or spray of cool, salty sea water.

Beside me, Nathan lay on his own lounger, his bronzed skin glistening with lotion and almost sparkling as it reflected the sun's strong rays. He looked every part the male supermodel with his muscular arms, prominent abs and teasing V line that disappeared into the low waistband of his shorts. Normally, I was the only girl lucky enough to see his full physique, but two scantily-clad teenagers were getting their fair share of eye candy - courtesy of my boyfriend - as they strolled past our umbrella, not even bothering to be subtle as they all but drooled over Nathan's body. They noticed me watching and somehow managed to recover their humility as they averted their eyes and continued along the beach.

Sighing to myself, I reached under the table for the bottle of water that we'd hidden away in the shade. I guzzled it, relishing the instant hydration as the water slid down my throat and satiated my thirst. It was still relatively cool, and definitely refreshing, although all of the ice had now melted, leaving the water prey to the hot September afternoon.

With the bottle back in the safety of the shade, I lowered my eyes onto Nathan's body again. Although I was somewhat used to his toned figure by now, there was something about his recently-acquired suntan that just enhanced his athletic appearance.

"Enjoying the view?"

Nathan's words startled me; we'd both been lying in silence for the past hour and, whilst I'd been soaking up the atmosphere, I'd assumed that he'd been sleeping.

"I thought you were asleep," I told him.

"Nope, wide awake and enjoying my own view, thank you very much," he replied, shuffling to sit up in his lounger and then pushing his sunglasses onto the top of his head so I could see his blue eyes, sparkling with mischief.

I folded my arms across my stomach in a display of protest rather than self-consciousness. Nathan just chuckled.

"Well, I can't see whether your eyes are open or shut when you're wearing those hideous glasses," I replied.

"Oh, really? I think I'm rocking them."

When we were in the taxi on the way to the airport, Nathan had suddenly realised that he'd forgotten to pack sunglasses. Unwilling to fork out money for a decent pair, he'd decided to just buy a magazine that included a pair of sunglasses as a free gift. Needless to say, they were cheap and tacky and looked ridiculous. Whilst Nathan probably realised just how silly he looked, the glasses had become a running joke and he'd taken to wearing them all the time, just to wind me up.

"Those two girls were certainly admiring them," Nathan smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "They were admiring your body."

"Unlikely. It's nothing special," he said, running his hands slowly down his torso and then sliding them beneath the waistband of his swimming trunks.

I shook my head to myself and averted my eyes, completely aware of what he was trying to do.

"What?" he asked, his voice laced with feigned innocent confusion. "I'm just rearranging..."

"Can you not rearrange with a little more subtlety, then?" I requested. "We're in a public place, Nathan."