Amusement

[Y/N] woke up on Saturday morning and looked out the window. The end of February was nearing and the melting snow laid glistening on the ground. She sat up from her bed and remembered. Hitoshi had told her that they were going to the amusement park today. She looked at the time and it read 10:00. She widened her eyes and scurried out of her bed. Hitoshi was going to be here within thirty minutes.

     After finishing her morning routine, she quickly went over to her closet. Pulling on a sweatshirt and some sweatpants, she then stumbled out of her bedroom right as the bell rang.

     Her mother came out of the kitchen and spotted her. "That's what you're going to wear for your date?!" she asked in shock. Just yesterday, [Y/N] told her mother about her plans today and her mom looked like she was about to explode in happiness.

     "It's not a date," she corrected her.

      "Can I meet your boyfriend? I bet he's really hot," her mother continued to pester on.

     Her cheeks flustered at the mention of the word 'boyfriend', but she shook it off. Also, ew. It made her want  to squirm when hearing her mother say someone as hot. It already almost felt like their mother and daughter relationship was kind of normal. It made her wonder why she had hated her family so much before. Maybe it was because she never tried to talk to them and jumped into conclusions about them. "He's not my boyfriend and we have to go soon, so maybe you can meet him another time."

     Her mother pouted at her, but waved her goodbye before retreating back into the kitchen.

     She quickly exited the living room and headed over to the entrance of the house. She opened the door to meet the handsome face of Hitoshi's and stepped outside. She closed the door right behind her.

     "Are you ready?" Hitoshi asked her with a sweet smile. She nodded and they both got into his car. He started the drive and the two of them just sat there. She glanced at him for a second and noticed that he was wearing a T-shirt and shorts. She then stared at her own clothes. Dammit, she should've checked the weather conditions before throwing anything on like that. She snapped out of the dazed look when she heard his voice. "It's pretty warm today. Are you sure you can wear such thick clothes like that?"

     It was as if he could read her mind or something. She looked down in embarrassment and then took off her sweatshirt. At least she wore a short sleeved shirt underneath. "I'll be fine like this," she replied.

     "That seems better," he commented.

     The got to the amusement park and [Y/N] couldn't help, but stare in awe at the sight before her. The place looked humongous and the really, really, really tall roller coasters made her feel super small. She had to crane her neck all the way back just to see the top of them all.

      "Wow," she breathed out.

     Hitoshi stood beside her and grinned at her. "Let me guess—you haven't been here before either?" She mutely nodded at him slowly. "Okay then. Great. Maybe we won't go on scary roller coasters today. We don't want you to die from shock, you know?"

     "No. I want to go on roller coasters," she insisted.

     Hitoshi raised his eyebrows at her and blinked at her in shock. Then his surprise turned into laughter. His carefree laugh rang out as he ruffled her dark hair in amusement. "Now that's my girl....oh, sorry—I know how much girls hate getting their hair messed up." He dropped his hand to his side.

     Her stomach fluttered at the touch of his hand and when he called her his girl. She also didn't mind that he was messing up her hair. It felt good and she didn't want it to stop. But it did and she couldn't help but feel disappointment seep into her mind.

     Why was she feeling this way? She didn't remember feeling these new emotions back when her father was still alive. For some reason, she only felt them when she was around Hitoshi. What could that possibly mean? She wasn't sure whether she wanted to find out about it or to just leave it in the dark.