chapter fifteen

ALLISON HUFFED AS SHE MADE HER WAY ONTO THE BED OF THE CELL THAT SHE SHARED WITH BETH.

The sun was already set and Allison had her eyes wide open, not being able to sleep because of everything that has happened today.

Allison sighed and looked at the bottom bunk to Beth, seeing her younger sister was already asleep and curled into a ball. She smiled at the sight and took her jacket off, placing it on her sister's small body to keep her warm.

The woman walked out from her cell and the first thing she saw was Daryl sharpening his arrows in the dark. The only light source was the small lantern beside him.

The man seemed to sense Allison presence because he didn't even look up before he spoke. "What's up?"

Allison shook her head and shrugged her shoulders nervously. "Uh, nothing." She paused, pushing her hair back as Daryl made eye contact with her. "Just can't sleep."

He nodded, scooting over. Allison took this as a sign that he wanted her to sit next to him, so she did.

The two sat there in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but a silence where the other knew what they were thinking. Allison turned to Daryl and saw he was already looking at her. She smirked and looked away, pushing her hair behind her ear.

Daryl looked away from her and grunted as he got up, walking upstairs towards his bed on the perch. "You should get some sleep. Big day tomorrow."

Allison nodded her head and sighed, getting up and walking back to her cell, getting some sleep.

-

Allison woke up to the sound of voices outside of her cell. She got up from out of her bed and walked out, seeing her group talking and passing out weapons.

"What's going on?" Daryl looked at her and smirked a little as he was glad to see her awake as be walking up to her.

"We're just getting ready to go out into the cell blocks." He told her, squinting his eyes.

"I'll come with." Allison told them, not listening to Daryl's protests for her to stay.

"I'm going and that's final, Daryl." She said sternly, placing her knife and her gun on her hips, Daryl staring at her with squinted eyes as his hair fell in his face.

"Ok, let's get going." Rick ordered the small group, then following him.

The gate closed behind Allison as she walked through the tunnels of the prison.

The group of seven walked quietly as their footsteps hit the ground, the only sound they could hear.

Allison jumped as she felt a hand on her arm. Turning around, she saw it was just Maggie as she was scared and wanting her sisters protection in this dark area.

Rick stopped suddenly and Allison looked up to see what happened. She started to run the other way as walkers followed them, but not as fast.

The groans stopped after a while and all Allison could hear was her and Rick's panting as they were the only ones that got away from them.

"Where are the others?" Allison asked to no one in particular and as if on cue, the two heard a scream which sounded alot like Hershel.

"Dad?!" Allison yelled as she followed the pained scream in the hallway. What she saw next was absolutely horrifying.

It was her father, one the floor with a walker taking a chunk from his leg. She stood there with wide eyes, not believing what she was seeing for a second. And she would have stood there forever if it wasn't for Daryl dragging her away from the scene.

The shock stopped and she pulled herself away from his strong grip, helping T-dog close the door from the walkers.

As it got closed, Allison immediately went to Maggie, hugging her tightly as Rick started to put his belt around Hershel's lower leg. "There's only one way to keep him alive." He mumbled and Allison didn't even have time to say anything before he started to chop down on Hershel's leg.

Her ears were ringing and all she heard we're muffled screams of her father echoing throughout the prison. "Allison..." She heard, but couldn't comprehend since she was still in shock.

"Allison, your shirt!" Glenn yelled in her direction and she didn't waste any more time as she instantly took her flannel off and pressed onto her fathers wound.

The blood soaked through the shirt and onto her hands, her eyes going wide as she actually saw how much blood was oozing from his leg. "It's-its not stopping..." She trailed off and blinked her tears away, focusing on the thing in front of her.

Suddenly, Daryl was pointing his bow at something in front of her. Looking up, Allison saw that it was men with prison outfits on, wide eyes as they looked straight at her group.