6 ~ something i heard

(Lisa pov)

(Lisa pov)

Two weeks had gone by and Lisa couldn't be happier. She had bought Chaeyoung lunch every other day last week. But it was every single day now.

And it felt amazing.

She would always write her notes on the trays. Stories about her day or funny jokes she knew. Lisa wanted Chaeyoung to feel like they were talking.

Lisa still talked with her in person though. She would tell her good morning and ask her if she was alright. Even wait so she could walk out of class with her.

Even more great things where happening too. Chaeyoung was nodding more. Not just slightly or half heartedly, but actually nodding.

She also would wave. They weren't full blown hand moving side to side waves, but they were her putting her hand up while looking at her.

Lisa took all these as signs that they were getting closer. Chaeyoung was actually showing progress. Lisa knew the day she would get a smile would be the day she would invite her to sit with them.

Jennie and Jisoo had agreed already. They would let Chaeyoung eat with them and would try to treat her well. Not make her feel uncomfortable, but not ignore her either.

It was the middle of third period. Lisa was returning to her class after a quick bathroom break. But she didn't make it very far.

She stopped and listened. Lisa heard something. It was a voice, soft, but still echoed a bit down the hall. She looked around, unable to see anyone. It had to be coming from a room.

Lisa walked down the hall slowly, following the voice as it got louder. As she got closer, it also got prettier. Whoever it was, was singing. And they sang beautifully.

It was a sad song. It caught Lisa's attention. She finally approached a unlit classroom. The natural lights from its windows the only source.

There was a girl. Her back was turned to the door and she was sitting on a table. An old bag sitting next to her. Wait, wasn't that Chaeyoung's bag?

- "Listen Before I Go" Billie Eilish -

"Taste me, these salty tears on my cheeks. That's what a year-long headache, does to you. I'm not okay, I feel so scattered. Don't say I'm all that matters. Leave me, déjà vu."

Lisa listened with slight tears in her eyes. The song she was singing was more than just sad. It felt real. It felt like what she was truly going through.

"If you need me, wanna see me, you better hurry, I'm leaving soon. Sorry can't save me now. Sorry I don't know how. Sorry there's no way out. But down, Hmm down."

She stopped singing. She placed her head in her hands and while staying seated on the table. Was she crying? Should Lisa go in there? Was it really Chaeyoung?