Ten

A bit of a short chapter today! My apologies!

When she stepped foot into the house, her eyes widened with awe at the sheer size of it and how it was decorated and for a brief moment she forgot all her worries and forgot that this was the Tokki's house. She forgot it all up until she heard his voice.

"This is where we'll be staying. It's my safehouse." He spoke softly. "It's big enough so that if you desperately want to be away from me, you can be and-"

"Okay..." she whispered softly. This caused the boy to be shocked - she hadn't really spoke to him until now.

"I'd like to apologise... for my actions the other day." He seemed to get closer to her and she went ridgid. "I was just contracted to do it- I'm sorry."

He stepped away from her and he saw her exhale. She didn't reply again.

"If you wish, you can get settled in one of the rooms upstairs." She nodded and made no hesitation to advance upstairs until she couldn't see him anymore. She let out a quiet sigh of relief and she entered the room nearest to her and she sat on the bed.

She wasn't aware of how long she had been sat on the edge of the bed for - she was away from Tokki and that's all that mattered.

But she was getting thirsty, so she decided to go downstairs. She kept as quiet as she could so she wouldn't disturb or anger him in any way. She entered the kitchen to a face full of warmth and she blinked a few times before the steam died down and there was the Tokki, back towards her as he put food onto plates.

"I was just about to ask if you were hungry." He hummed gently. "I don't know what you like or if you have any allergies so..." he trailed off and turned, both plates in his hands and her eyes widened slightly.

He wasn't wearing his mask, and oddly enough, her heart fluttered upon seeing his face.