Awake at last

It was late in the evening when Michael's soulmate finally awoke, and fluttered her eyes open, letting out a loud scream that echoed throughout the walls of the castle. Michael quickly jumped out of bed in all his naked glory, and frantically looked around for his kilt.

Kyra watched as the naked warrior desperately wrapped his kilt around his waist, and walked back to the bed where she lay. Fear struck her heart as he dropped to his knees by her bedside and looked at her with his emerald eyes. She opened her mouth and let out another piercing scream, and pulled her body to the other side of the bed, as far away as she could from the strange warrior who had done bad things to her.

Before Michele even had a chance to respond, the wooden door crashed open, and Lidia burst in the room with Edward right behind her.

"Get away from her Michael, you are scaring her to pieces!" Cried Lidia, and Edward came to stand next to his mother, with an angry look on his face.

Michael narrowed his eyes at his brother and growled, "Stay back Edward, or I will beat you senseless."

"Stop it Michael, or you'll have your soulmate running for her life. She doesn't remember who you are, and you stand a chance to lose her, if you don't stop acting like a caveman!" Lidia told him.

Michael shut his eyes, and took an inhalation of breath, why won't everyone let him and Kyra alone! He thought, how is he going to convince his soulmate to love him, if everyone interfered?

"Mother please, I need alone time with her to explain to her who and what she is, but if you keep barging in here with Edward, it will never happen!" Michael said, frustrated that they don't see it for themselves what has to happen.

"Son I understand, but you come off like a caveman, and that frightens Kyra, you find another way!" Lidia said, praying that her stubborn son will find a better way to win over Kyra.

Michael raised himself to his feet and said as gently as he could, "Mother I promise you that Kyra will not be harmed in any way, shape, or form. I love her and will not hurt her. Please give us the privacy that we need to find each other again, that's all I ask." He pleaded.

"Mam no, please don't leave me alone with him, I beg of you!" Kyra cried.

Lidia rushed to Kyra's side, sat on the bed, and said softly, "Child, this is my son, and he will not harm you again, I promise you, he needs to talk to you and tell you some very important things, and if you want, Edward and I will be standing outside the door just in case you need us."

Kyra knew that even if she didn't agree to it, the caveman would do as he wished anyhow, in the courtyard during the lashing, he spoke with authority to all the people of the court, he must be their leader, she thought.

"Fine, but if I call out, please come right away in the room." The princess said.

The Druid took a deep breath, glad that finally everyone agreed, and escorted his mother and brother out of the room, but before he closed the door in their faces, Edward turned around and said in a firm and unwavering voice, "if you hurt her again your dead meat!"

Michael closed the door and locked it to make sure that no one barges in on them again. Then he made his way back to the side of the bed, and dropped to his knees. Kyra inched further away from him, not liking the fact that she was all alone with this barbarian.

"Kyra, fear not, I will never hurt you again." He said in a deep and low voice, and tried to controll his heart from bursting with the love he felt for her. "I love you more than you will ever know."

"If that is the way you love people, by whipping them, then I don't want you to love me!" She said, and meant it too.

The Prince knew that she had every right to feel this way, and he decided to take another approach. "Kyra, there are many things that you don't know, or remember. All I want to do is help you remember and understand who you are and where you came from. Would you please allow me to help you do that?" He asked gently.

Kyra pulled herself in a sitting position and leaned her back on the iron headboard, "you can explain to me anything you want, just don't come near me, stay where you are."

Pain speared in his heart, it hurt him to hear her say those words, because all he wanted to do now was hold her in his arm.

"Fine Kyra, I will keep my distance for now, until you start to remember everything. I will start by saying that you are a Druid princess, a very powerful, beautiful princess, and you and I are soulmate's." He watched as Kyra rolled her eyes as he said that, and once again pain pierced his heart. "We loved each other desperately and on the day we were to get married, the witches of east wick, came and battled with us, they wanted you dead! But I threw you into the future and you were in utero, until you were born again, eight hundred years later."

Kyra didn't know If she should laugh or cry. This man was mad she thought, and her eyes went straight to the door. Michael noticed that and said gently, "there is no need to scream or run, Kyra. I will not harm you, I'm just trying to help you understand who and what you are. I know it's hard to hear my words, but if you allow me to, I can say a spell that will help you remember everything. Will you allow me to do that Kyra!"

"What kind of spell?" She asked, her curiosity getting the best of her, even though it all sounded like a bunch of crock.

"It is a magic spell I created to help you remember once you returned to me, but it will only work if you repeat every word I tell you three times. Will you do that for me please?" He begged.

"Fine, but you must know that I find all this to be a big joke!" She could not help adding.

"I promise you Kyra, once you repeat the spell three times, you will have your memory back, and you will understand everything." He said, anxious to get started.

Pulling himself up on his two feet, and towering over Kyra, Michael started to say the binding words that would help bring Kyra's memory back. Kyra rolled her eyes and waited until he was done, so she could repeat it after him.

"Our lives journey bids us to be apart, but I will always have you safely in my heart." Michael said in a trembling voice.

"Our lives journey bids us to be apart, but I will always have you safely in my heart." She repeated, thinking to herself that those are lovely words.

"Again Kyra, our lives journey bids us apart, but I will always have you safely in my heart!" He said, and Kyra noticed the emotion in his voice.

"Our lives journey bids us apart, but I will have you safely in my heart." She said, not knowing why a single tear glided down her lovely face.

"One more time Kyra," Michael said in a hoarse voice, "our lives journey bids us apart, but I will always have you safely in my heart."

Kyra could feel her heart tightening, and with trembling lips she repeated, "Our lives journey bids us apart, but I will have you safely in my heart."

And at that moment, Kyra's memory restored itself, every whisper, every sigh, every single moment she had ever lived with Michael came back to her. Tears rolled down her eyes before she threw herself into her soulmate arms, and he wrapped his strong and possesive arms around her tightly, never wanting to ever let her go again.

Thank you for your support !!!!! Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means the world to me. Thanks. xoxxoxoxxoxoxo