-11-

Edd and Tord drove to the hospital in silence. They had been notified by Matt that Tom was hospitalized. For what, they don't know, Matt wouldn't tell them. Most likely a request from Tom. 

The car was silent, fear, and sadness lingering in the air. It was slightly awkward. Edd was in the drivers seat, eyes on the road.

Tord, was sitting next to him, looking out the window. Why was it so awkward between the two?

"Edd. Can we talk for a bit?" Tord asked, looking towards Edd. Edd glanced at him, and nodded. Was this serious, or not so much?

"I'm just going to get straight to the point. I feel like you're keeping things from me. Important things." Tord said, looking at Edd. Tord looked relieved that he had finally said it.

"There has been a secret, a pretty big one, that Matt told me," Tord looked at Edd curiously. "And no, I can't tell you. He told me this, and it sort of put a block in our relationship. I hope we can still date." Edd said, glancing again at Tord. Tord smiled.

"Of course. I trust you."

Soon enough, they had arrived at the hospital. They pulled into a spot, and went into the building. At the reception desk, they asked for 'Thomas Keith' The secretary typed something into the computer, and told them room '284' The two thanked him, and were on their way.

The door quietly creaked open as Tord and Edd walked into the room. Tom was on the bed, seemingly asleep. The heart monitor was beeping at a steady pace. Matt was sitting on the chair next to his bed. He looked up when Edd and Tord walked in. 

"Hey, guys." Matt whispered. Edd and Tord waved at him. Tord went over, and looked at Tom. His skin was pale.

"So, what happened to him..?" Tord asked. Matt looked at Tord, and then at Tom.

"He tried to kill himself." Matt said after a moment of silence. Tord gasped quietly, looking at Matt. Edd had a hand over his mouth.

"W-Why?" Edd asked. Matt glared at Edd. Edd already knew why. Tord was confused, but didn't question it.

"When can he come home?" Tord asked. He skimmed his hand across Tom's face. Tom's skin was cold. His breathing was even, and he showed no signs of waking anytime soon.

"Possibly today. The medics haven't let me know yet." Matt said. He sat down in the chair next to Tom's bed.

"I wish I could help him." Matt whispered to himself. Little did he know, the others heard him as well. 

There was a quiet knock at the door as the doctor walked in. He was holding a clipboard.

"Okay, Matthew. Thomas should be ready to go." He said quietly. He looked at Tom. Maybe they should just let him rest.

"Okay, thank you." Matt said. The doctor nodded, and left.

"Tord would you carry him? I need to go get his medicine. Just to the car please." Matt said. Tord nodded as Matt left the room to get Tom's medicine. Tord picked up Tom, one arm under his knees, and one under his back. He carried Tom to the car quickly, Edd following them. Edd opened the door as Tord sat Tom down in the back seat. Tom was assumedly still asleep.

Edd got in the front, and Tord was in the passenger seat. They waited a bit in silence, until Matt opened the back seat, and sat down next to Tom.

They'd have to keep Tom under closer supervision.