n i n e

You're in your room finishing your homework for the night when someone knocks on your door.

"Come in." you say, putting your homework sheets into a folder.

"We're leaving." Jimin says, wearing black pants and a tight black shirt.

"Again?" you stand up from your chair, taking your hair out of the bun that's falling down and gathering at the base of your neck.

"Yeah, and we all think you should stay home for the rest of the night." he says hesitantly.

"What? No, if I get bored I'll wanna do something." you run your fingers through your hair.

"Please, just stay inside, go out tomorrow." he almost leaves but you follow.

"I have school tomorrow."

He shrugs, his lips in a small line, "We'll treat you to dinner this weekend then." and he runs down the stairs.

You don't get it, what family matter could have them away for endless days and nights.

You head towards the stairs to protest but you hear Namjoon arguing, then a few other voices protesting.

"This is too dangerous for her." you hear Jungkook's voice whisper, and you hide a little, trying to listen.

"We're trying to get a new place, it's too hard last minute." that's Yoongi.

"He's right though, we can't stay here too long or she's at risk. Plus, she's getting suspicious." Jimin is the only body you can see from where you're hiding.

Then someone scoffs, and they all go quiet. They saw you.

You run as fast as you can into your room, still being sure to make no noise at all.

~

When you wake up in the morning, you body feels too heavy, and your eyelids never seem to stay open no matter how hard you try.

You got no sleep last night, all you could think about was what they're all involved in and how it could have you at risk.

It's terrifying you. It can't be a cult, that's weird, it can't be the mafia, then they wouldn't be living in the middle of the city with you, they can't be spies either, or else you wouldn't know them because it would ruin their career, right?

Unless, they're all lying about who they are, and that's why they all have weird hair, to change their appearance.

"Stupid." you whisper to yourself.

It makes no sense. Jungkook is your age, what could he be legally doing with them?

You finally get out of bed to begin getting ready when Yoongi appears at your door.

"It's five in the morning." you whisper.

"I need to talk to you." he walks in, his voice raspy.

"Okay, sure." your voice stays low too.

"What you heard yesterday might've been off to you." he says, looking at you for a reaction, and you nod, so he continues, "But it's really nothing. Taehyung's brother got involved in something that's hard for his family to get him out of, so we're working really hard to do so."