Chapter 7.

" Thank you princess Catherine," Noah says, kissing my cheek before running off after his sister, who stands close to her curious, but relieved parents.

"Bye!" I call after him, waving with a small smile.

I watch on fondly as the family walk away, making me wish for just a moment, that I had my family complete.

But I will never have that ever again.

My view is blocked by a tall figure in front of me, which diverts my attention. A hand suddenly outstretches infront of me. Trailing my eyes up to the owner, and his scent overwhelmingly good in my nose, I meet my mate's eyes.

He won't harm me, I can sense it.

I place my hand on his, letting him pull me up , only to trip on my feet and the force to push me onto him, where I land in his arms. His hands make contact with my waist to hold me in place, while my own grab ahold of his arms.

Sparks and warm tingles erupt throughout my body, making me gasp in surprise. I raise my head, and my wide eyes, meet his intense ones. I don't know for how long we remain like this, just staring into each others eyes and basking into the mate bond.

It feels so good to be in his arms, the tingles up my spine, makes me feel relaxed. Nothing else seems to matter but being in this moment. I'm too comfortable to move but I know that I have to do so, it's all too new for the both of us, this sensation, the good feeling of it all.

' It was all a mis-hap, ' I tell myself.

With this mental note, I start to lean back, only for his hold to tighten around me, stopping my movements.

I give him a questionable look, wondering why he's stopping me.

"Alpha?" I call him.

"Glass." He responds.

" What?" I ask, confused.

" There's broken glass behind you and you're not wearing any shoes." I glance down over my shoulder, realising that he's definitely right. There's broken glass just a step or two from my right.

Looking back up at him to tell him thank you, for the second time now, I gasp silently when out of nowhere, I'm picked up and held bridal style.

My arms on their own accord wrap around his neck, my eyes on his, where they dare not, to move elsewhere. There's just something about staring into his eyes, his eyes tell all and right now, I can sense him, his wolf, having been mostly dominant now, and causing such actions to take place.

I can't say I'm disappointed, just that I'm too entranced in the beauty of his eyes, the same eyes, which will instill their selves in my brain forever.

I feel us moving, I don't know where we are going and I don't have the urge to find out, this moment is too surreal to let it end.

I can feel his fingers trailing up and down on my sides, this creating goosebumps, parts of me jumping in reaction. When I feel a thumb touch a spot close to my ribcage, I close my eyes and hold my tongue to not make a sound, because of the pain, which still lingers.

This pain was the same pain, caused by that fall down the stairs, the same fall that Kylie is responsible for.

His thumb pressing more on that same spot, indicates that he has already detected my pain. I open my eyes to look at him, just as his fingers leave that area and I can't help but release a sigh of relief.

His eyes hold question but I refrain from answering.

"What happened?" He finally asks.

" Someone is looking for you." I tell him, sensing it.