10. Leave Me Be

Everyone was sat around the small fire all eating our eggys. Andrea was fixing her gun and I noticed that my Shane had a new hat but I couldn't understand the word it said. I sat on daddy's lap while he sat on a blue camping chair and miss carol came and put more eggys on my plate. Everything was okay.

"I'm guys. So... the barn is full of walkers"

Glennys statement set everyone off. Rick stared over at the barn for a good minute before everyone did the same thing at once. Daddy picked me up and put me on his hip and we all made our way to the barn.

"You can not tell me your alright with this"

"No, I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

"God this our lives man!"

"Lower your voice"

Shane was starting to scare me a little and I whimpered into daddy's shoulder. He bounced me up and down and gave me a kiss on my temple.

"It ain't right. Not remotely."

"We've ether gotta go in there, make things right. Or we've just gotta go. Now we've been talking about Fort Benning for a long time"

"We can't go!"

"Why, Rick? Why?"

"Because my daughters still out there"

Daddy put me down on the floor and held my hand whilst looking quite angry at Shane.

"Okay. Okay, I think it's time we all start to just consider the other possibilities"

"Shane! We're not leaving Sophia behind"

Daddy let go of my hand and walked up towards Shane.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago"

"You found her doll Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

Daddy swung his hand out and walked closer out towards Shane. I started to tug on my fingers a little and went to stand near Carl.

"You don't know what the hell your talkin about!"

"I'm just sayin what needs to be said! You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours!"

"Shane stop"

"Let me tell you somethin else man. If she was alive and saw you comin, all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!"

Daddy and Shane started to really yell at each other and push each other about. Rick got in the middle and Shane was tryna provoke daddy but he stayed calm and simply walked away while Momma Lori tried to get Shane to back off. I tugged on my fingers a little harder and Carl stepped slightly infront of me.

"Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out"

"What are ya gonna figure out!"

Shane roared. Lori put her hand on his chest and yelled at him to back off.

"If we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, I have to talk him into it. This is his land"

"Hershel sees those things in there as people, sick people. His wife. His step son"

"You knew?"

"Yesterday, I talked to Hershel"

"And you waited the night!"

"I thought we could survive one more night" Dale defended "We did. I was waiting till this morning to say something but Glenn wanted to be the one"