Forks and Knives

Lexa's POV

"Why don't I have a knife?"

"We thought it was best you just got a fork Raven"

"That's ridiculous! I'm not a child."

Bellamy glanced towards Clarke then back to Raven, "sometime you can act like one."

They continued to bicker and I sighed audibly. I was beginning to get annoyed. I glanced at Clarke who was sitting next to me, on our people's side of the table.

"Bellamy! Give me your knife!"

"Chof op!" [Be quiet] I sat up as I said the words. Everyone straightened in their seats and looked around nervously. The Trikru side of the table dipped their heads and muttered "Sha Heda" while the Skikru side just stared.

Clarke looked at me nervously. I turned to look at her and she gave me a look. I sat back in my chair and the conversations resumed.

"Commander" Clarke turned in her chair to face me, "try to loosen up, okay?"

I looked at her, confusion plastered across my face. Try to what? She laughed slightly and looked at me in pity.

"Relax"

"Why would I relax?! These peopl-" Bellamy coughed awkwardly as all other conversations ceased and everyone listened in.

"Let's toast" The voice came from a man who Clarke's mom, Abby, had introduced to me as Kane.

The ski people raised their cups. My people looked to me confused. Clarke lifted her cup and nudged me with her elbow. I followed her lead and TriKru followed mine.

"To the alliance" Kane smiled at me and I tried to smile back. Everyone took a drink and light conversations resumed.

I felt something brush against my leg and I jumped slightly. Causing a few people to share confused glances. Clarke's hand found my thigh and I looked at her sternly.

She leaned into me and whispered, "try to relax."

"What are you doing!" I looked to her and then down to her hand. I whispered harshly causing Raven to glance at me. She followed my gaze to my leg and then to Clarke. Her mouth fell open and a cocky smirk spread across her lips like wildfire.

My face flushed red, Clarke looked slightly flustered. Her hand remained on my thigh, her thumb making small circles.

Raven fake coughed causing me to meet her gaze, she shut one eye while leaving the other open. She looked fairly proud of herself. I had no idea what that "gesture" meant. I looked to Clarke for answers but she was trying not to laugh.

Raven leaned over and whispered something to Octavia who laughed loudly. I felt my cheeks heat up again. I stood and announced to Gustus that I was going to get some air and he could remain at the dinner. He shot me a questioning glance but went back to his conversation with Lincoln.

I exited the room and as soon as the door shut behind me I leaned against the wall. The air hitting my face and cooling my red cheeks. The ski people were so...different, they made weird gestures and openly whispered to one another in front of the commander.

The door opened and I pushed myself off of the wall in an attempt to stand straight. I hardened my features and prepared for an encounter.

Clarke appeared and quickly shut the door behind her, a wide grin on her face. She was proud of herself, she had embarrassed me on purpose.

"Clarke, What was that?!"

"A wink" she laughed easily.

"What..no what you did."

"I don't know what you're talking about commander" she looked up at me and parted her lips.

I grabbed her hips gently and backed her into the wall by the door. She looked up at me happily, her eyes searching mine.

"You can't embarrass me in front of Skikru and Trikru" I pushed her harder against the wall.

"Don't pretend you didn't like it commander" she grabbed my right hand with hers and moved it from her hip to her waist line.

I leaned in slowly and just before our lips touched I whispered, "not yet."

Suddenly the door swung open, Raven closed the door behind her. "Damn commander" her gaze shifted to Clarke who was still pinned against the wall. "Well I'll just...go then" she opened the door and slipped back inside but not before "winking."

"We should probably-"

"Yeah" I backed away from her allowing her to brush herself off. I reached for the door and held it open for her allowing her to enter. I followed and shut it quietly behind me.

When we entered the room Raven quickly leaned away from Octavia who smiled sheepishly. No one else acknowledged our return. As soon as we sat down she slid her hand onto my thigh. I inhaled sharply but as far as I could tell no one noticed.

——————————————————————————

"So Clarke you coming back with us?" Bellamy smiled cockily at her. I didn't like him, the way he looked at Clarke or leaned a little too close every time they talked.

"I'm going to remain here as an ambassador to insure the alliance holds" she smiled weakly at him.

"Clarke, what do you mean you aren't coming back with us?" Abby approached Clarke and extended a hand to her shoulder.

"I'll visit often mom" she leaned in to hug her. Kane just smiled as he watched them embrace.

"Raven"

"Clarke" the girl tilted her head cockily, "or should I say ambassador?" She looked between Clarke and I.

I shot her a stern look and she shifted uncomfortably, nodding to me slightly and hugging Clarke goodbye.

Octavia peeled away from Lincoln to hug her goodbye. She whispered something into Clarke's ear that caused them both to laugh.

"Take four guards with you to escort you back to Arkadia."

They nodded in response and four guards mounted horses.

"May we meet again."