Oh, ben..

It's been a few days since Tobias decided to leave a hole in the wall with his weapon, which has been stingily covered with duct tape and a small note that reads 'blame the twink!'
     Toby's taken that note down and tore it to shreds, but someone keeps re-writing it and hanging it back up. Probably Brian, or Jeff, or.. well, you get it.
          Luckily, the middle proxy has kept to himself and gone out of his way to avoid Toby, not keen on having a hatchet tossed at his face or a boot up his ass. Toby's been at ease. One thing is different, though. He's been spending far more time with Ben.
       Ben always rushes into his room at ungodly hours of the night, a grin plastered on his pale face and eyes somehow conveying his childish excitement. He drags Toby out of bed, who at first would sputter and trip over his own feet in shock. Only dressed in boxers and a long sleeve, not that Ben would pay much attention to that besides a blush on his face and the tips of his ears.
      They would sit down on the carpeted floor and cuddle up together, watching movies or playing video games together. Ben would always be superior, but eventually he learned to stop cheating and simply allow Toby a rare victory.
      Toby would be lying if he said he didn't care deeply for the smaller boy. Ben is the only person that he can baby and call adorable, the only person who allows him to hop around and twitch without embarrassment. Even Timothy doesn't make him this comfortable with himself.
        They have a mission together for the first time. A head proxy and a small glitch wandering to an abandoned factory, both dressed up for the special occasion. Tobias has most of his face hidden with goggles and a mask, hatchets clanking with each sway of his hips.
     Ben didn't realize how attractive Toby would be.
    Sure, Toby isn't the most muscular or manly person in the world. But the way his hair frames his face, his sharp eyes trained steadily ahead of them, his fists clenched..
      Toby didn't realize how pretty Ben was.
    Even with questionable ooze pooling out of his soulless eyes. His lips are twitching into a smile, even though he's clearly trying to suppress it. The small hop to his steps, and the tunic that seems almost too big for his petite body.
      They reach the factory soon enough, their previous excitement being replaced with seriousness and a silent agreement between the two. Toby's eyes narrow into slits, his malicious smirk hidden underneath his infamous mask. He and Ben split up, rushing inside with silent footsteps and weapons poised. Their targets are three teenagers, two males and a female who have been trying to 'summon slenderman.'
      The thought alone makes Toby want to roll his eyes into the back of his skull. He keeps his harsh thoughts to himself as he searches the monster of a building, brown eyes glancing around and ears straining for any sounds.
    Of course it had to be a four story piece of shit.
     By the time he finds them, Benjamin is already there, lurking in the shadows. The blood on his face makes him look far more intimidating in the dark, even with his short stature and slender legs. The two nod to each other and zone in on the strangers, all circled around a ouija board with wide eyes and gleeful smiles. Two on three. One of the males looks quite muscular, with a small knife at his side, practically glowing in the light of the candles the kids set up.
     Toby quickly decides to take on the threat first, especially before Ben gets any ideas. He doesn't want his friend wounded. Without wasting time, he rushes out of the shadows with his hatchet raised in the air, causing the teenagers to shriek and scramble to get to their feet. They aren't fast enough, Toby swinging his hatchet down and barely missing his target. Instead of lodging the blade of his weapon into the muscular teen, it slashes through his thigh. Blood spurts and splatters all over the floor as the jock releases a shrill scream, hands desperately clasping around the wound and trying to put pressure on it. Ben is already taking care of the other two, so he focuses his attention on the boy in front of him. With a quick reading of his jacket, he finds out his name. Paul.
    Toby laughs loudly as Paul grabs his knife with a trembling hand, covered in his own blood. He stains the handle and holds it up in front of his chest, tears welling in his baby blue eyes.
    "S-stay the fuck away from me you monster!" Paul's voice is deep and broken, shuffling backwards as best he can with his wounded leg. Scraping along with ground, propped up on his elbows. Toby doesn't bother to play with the boy, he's already annoyed. Dragging it out and having to hear Paul screech at him doesn't sound very interesting. So, he raises his bloody hatchet and steps closer, crazed eyes glazed over with a need for blood. A need for death. A guttural need to watch the life drain out of the stupid jock in front of him. He can hear Ben calling for him softly, and it's enough to turn his attention to the smaller boy. Hands pausing in place. Paul takes his chance and slashes at Toby's ankle, a small wound. Bens eyes widen and he rushes forward, not before Toby cracks his neck and slowly turns his eyes back to Paul. He looks almost too calm for someone who's been cut, blood escaping his body in a steady stream. Just enough to stain his pants.
    His hatchet lodges into the boys skull a mere second later. A sickening crack of the bone shattering on impact, the blade entering the boys brain and rendering him dead on the spot. His body convulses and his nerves cause his limbs to thrash, before everything becomes too silent.
    "Toby!" Ben cries in relief, wrapping his arms around his friend from behind. Clinging to him. Toby giggles and releases his hold on his hatchet, instead turning around and wrapping Ben up in his arms. They stand there for a few moments, surrounded by dead bodies. Blood on both of them, mixing together and staining their clothing. Not that they care. Eventually they pull apart enough to make eye contact, bens bottom lip plump from being bit too much.
   "Your leg, Toby.." Ben cant help but worry for the taller boy, kneeling in front of him to check on the wound. Toby can't help but blush, Ben is eye level with his- well.
    He averts his eyes and allows Ben to check on the cut, humming in approval when he finds that it doesn't need stitches. Just a good cleaning.
   He stands back up and brushes off his knees, before latching back onto Toby with a pout.
   "You little elf, I'm fine!" Tobias laughs and pinches bens chubby cheek between his fingers, causing the boy to flush and swat his hand away with a puff. The scene would look absolutely insane to anyone with a normal mind. Two boys, covered in blood, hugging in a circle of corpses.
   Just a typical day for them.
They walk out of the factory with their fingers interlocked, swaying their arms in between their bodies with lopsided grins. The aftershocks of what they did courses through their bodies, like a high from illegal drugs. Halfway home, ben comes to a sudden stop, causing Toby to nearly trip before collecting himself. With furrowed eyebrows, he turns and locks eyes with Ben.
   "What's wrong?"
Instead of giving a verbal response, Bens hand begins to tremble in his own and he gulps audibly. Stepping forward, he uses his free hand to grasp onto the front of Toby's hoodie. Bunching the fabric between his fingers. He tugs the tall boy down to his height, and before he can second guess himself, his lips are pressed firmly against Toby's. They both have chapped skin, but that doesn't matter. He couldn't handle it anymore! Not being able to kiss Toby, to hold him, to tell him how he really feels!
     Toby's eyes widen considerably instead of closing, gasping against ben's lips. When he doesn't respond, Ben pulls away with furrowed eyebrows, confusion clear in his expression. Did Toby not.. did Toby not like him?
    Toby touches his bottom lip and takes a shuddered breath, sympathy beginning to pool in his eyes and that's when Ben knows. He doesn't feel the same.
     Ben stumbles backwards and releases a choked laugh, sounding so pained that it makes Toby's heart clench in his chest.
   "Be-Ben.. w-"
"No! Toby it's okay, I j-just.. forget it."
The shorter boy crosses his arms over his chest and lowers his head, quickly rushing past Toby to get back to the mansion. Tobias stands awestruck for a few moments. He tries to figure out what the hell just happened, but he doesn't have time for that now. Stupidly following behind Ben, too confused to even speak up.
    What the fuck just happened?