Chapter Fourty Three

"Shhhhhh" i hissed, nursing my cup of pumpkin juice as I tried to ignore the thumping rhythm of my head.
"It's not our fault you drank too much last night" Lee chuckled, poking my shoulder "how does it feel to be on the receiving end of your torment?"
"I feel like I should have stuck to my no-drink rule" I growled, not in the mood for Lee's teasing, throwing a piece of toast at his head.

I reached into my pocket with a huff, pulling out a hangover potion, grimacing when I realised it wasn't properly finished. Rolling my eyes, I secretly pulled out my wand and created a small flame to heat the bottom of the bottle, warming up the potion. When it finally turned a pale purple colour, I grinned and quickly downed it, the throbbing edging away instantly. Feeling my cheery mood return, I slammed my hands down on to the desk with a grin.
"Who wants to prank Filch today"

"This was a bad idea"
"Oh shut up drama queen"
"I think you meant to say 'I'm so sorry Lee, I didn't think my plan through. I apologise that we're now stuck in a broom cupboard with 2 other idiots'"
"She did not mean to say tha-"
"OUCH MY FOOT"
"For the love of Merlin could you budge up!"
"I can't move because George's ginormous ass is blocking the way"
"I'm going to take that as a complement"
"He must have said it wrong then. Maybe gargantuan is better?"
"At least my ass isn't as big as your forehead"
"We're twins you idiot"
"Aw, finally admitting the truth about your appearances are we?"
"Oh you did not just go there buddy"
"OW! Who the fuck just slapped me?"
"Oops ... Sorry Emily, I was aiming for Lee"

I let out a guttural sigh, placing my ear back on the door and listening to see if Filch was still looking for us, trying my best to block the bickering out. When I heard no noise for a few minutes, I nervously opened the door, peeking my head out into the abandoned corridor. Smiling, I stepped out of the cupboard and stretched, glad to be free of the confined space.
Fred tumbled out after me, letting out a shout of relief.

I hissed at his idiocy, hearing the quickened footsteps of Mr Filch returning. I rushed forward, grabbing Fred by his robes and pulled him back inside the cupboard, squishing Lee and George up against the back of the wall, and quietly pulled the door shut.

"He was here Mrs Norris" said Mr Filch, his voice distorted through the wood of the door

"He was here Mrs Norris" said Mr Filch, his voice distorted through the wood of the door. We all stood with baited breath, not daring to move an inch whilst he was still close.
After another few minutes of Filch ranting to his cat, he tottered off.

Not leaving anything to chance this time, I burst out of the cupboard and sprinted as far away from him as possible, the others close behind me.
When we were a safe distance away I spun around and smacked Fred's arm.
"Ow" he pouted "What was that for?"
"For almost getting us caught you idiot!" I hissed quietly, aware that we were now surrounded by other students.
"I sense a domestic coming" George snickered to Lee "maybe we should let them work through this-"
"Don't you even start George Weasley. You were no more of a help, you were the one who dicked up the attempt in the first place!"
The Weasley twin looked down at his shoes to avoid my gaze, knowing he was in no place to argue because he had, in fact, messed up the prank.

Lee quietly let out a breathy laugh, sidestepping around us and catching up to Angelina and Katie who were walking towards DADA.
I sighed, shaking my head and following after my best friend, the two twins following behind me speaking softly under their breaths.

On the way I saw an upset Harry shuffling along the corridor with his head hung low. Concerned, I quickly went over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder.
"You alright HP?" I asked softly, earning a slight nod from the boy.
"Don't you think I put my name in?" He said, voice croaky.
"Harry - cmon - the look on your face as you walked up to the front was not one of a boy who knew it could happen. Besides you were practically shitting bricks" I snorted.
Harry gave me a thankful smile, but it dropped quickly "Ron thinks I figured it out and didn't tell him. He's not speaking to me."
"Hermione?"
"She says she's on no one's side but she's gone with Ron"
"I'll have a few words with them don't worry" I grinned, cracking my knuckles threateningly.
Harry laughed, but it fell off his face as we approached his lesson. Everyone seemed to turn around to stare at him, making his gaze drop to the floor again.

I was pissed. Glaring at them all, I quietly said my goodbyes to Harry before storming over to Hermione.
"What the hell H?" I hissed, giving Ron a side glance.
"What?"
"You really think that Harry did it?"
"I'm not on a side-"
"Bullshit. You've buggered off with you little ronniekins and left him all on his own."
I now averted my gaze to stare down the both of them "everyone is turning on him, and not even his best friends are there to help support him. Some friends you two are. You can't tell me that you've stuck with him this long and this one thing happens - something that is making him visibly stressed and upset - and you ditch him"
"He's not telling us how he did it-"
"Oh my god Ronald!" I exclaimed breathily "if he said he didn't do it - think! If he did he would've definitely told you. Why would this be any different from the times you defeated old Voldy, huh? Why would he suddenly want to do things on his own?"
I took a deep breath to calm myself, Hermione looking slightly guilty whilst Ron still stood defiantly.
"I'm honestly disappointed at how idiotic you two are being" I huffed, before storming off to my class.