Chapter 20

SWEET PEA'S POV
I burst into Nick's room, seeing him on top of Grace.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I yelled and then pulled him off her. "If you touch her again I'll choke you to death" I threatened him. Grace still laying on the bed, too weak to stand up, looked at me for 2 seconds and then closed her eyes. I was really confused

"Grace are you okay? What did you do to her, you sick bastard?!" I asked him but he didn't respond.

Suddenly I felt something hit me hard on the back of my head and then everything went black.

Grace's POV

My whole body was hurting like crazy and i was dizzy. I tried to move but for some reason, i couldn't. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down. My hands and legs were tied up with a rope.

"Hey princess!" someone next to me, said.  It took me a minute to realize who that was.

"Nick? What happened? Where am I?",  I took a glance around me. It was an empty, small room with no windows and only one door.

"Do you remember anything from last night, love?" he asked with a smirk on his face, ignoring my question.

"N-no, I...", this is where my anxiety rose. My memory was hazy, I didn't remember much. Only that I went to Nick's hotel room..and then he..

"y-you tried to rape me! " I yelled at him, remembering the events from last night. "you are disgusting" I yelled again, holding back my tears. I can't cry now, he is going to think that I'm weak. I have to show that I'm not afraid of him anymore.

"what?" he said and chuckled, acting innocent. Nick also had bruises all over his face.. "I did not"

"yes you did!! And where am I? Why am I tied up?!" I tried to escape but I couldn't.

"Stop fighting it, Grace. I know you like me, I could see it on your face yesterday, you enjoyed it when i-

"I fucking hate you" I said and looked at him dead in the eyes. "Sweet Pea will murder you with his bare hands"

"Sweet Pea? Your boyfriend? You mean that guy that gave us a visit last night?" Nick laughed. "I killed him"

No, that's impossible. No, I don't believe him. Nick can't even punch Sweet Pea. Nick is lying.

"Sweet Pea is still alive and he will come here and kick your ass" I said and smiled, ignoring the pain and the fear I felt.

"Keep telling that to yourself Grace. He is dead and there is nothing you can do about it! You belong to me, sweetheart" Nick said and kissed my cheek.

"No, you are lying! He is alive!" I said and shook my head. My eyes were filled with tears again. This cant be true.

"oh poor Grace.. Don't be sad, you have me. You love me now" he said and made a "sad" face.

"No, i- I don't believe you!" I said, avoiding eye contact.

"You want proof? Here" Nick said, unlocking his phone. After a minute he showed to me, pictures. I can clearly see, Sweet Pea's body laying on the floor. "do you believe me now babe?" Nick asked happily. This is where I lost it. I couldn't hold my tears back, not anymore.  Sweet Pea was dead. And it was my fault.

"you told me that if I came to your hotel room last night, you wouldn't hurt anyone that I care about" I said, truthfully. "why did you do it?"

"Don't you understand?! I told you to break up with him but you didn't! He was going to ruin our relationship!" Nick said and laughed like a maniac.

"What relationship Nick?! I never liked you! Are you crazy? What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled , crying even more. "you are a psychopath"

"you love me" he said and smiled proudly. I took a shaky breath as tears were dripping off my face.
-

2 days later:

I'm still tied up, trapped in this small room. No one even came looking for me, which makes me lose hope. I haven't eaten, I haven't slept..  I'm exhausted.

Nick left 10 minutes ago. Well, it was my lucky day. I spotted a small knife on the ground. That's it, I thought. I'll cut the ropes and run.

It was really difficult, but I managed to free myself! I sighed in relief and stood up. I tried to open the door but it was locked.

"fuck" I mumbled. what am I going to do now? Suddenly, I heard someone coming. I panicked and stayed still.

"Grace?!" someone called out from right outside the door. At first I thought it was my imagination.

"Grace?! Are you in here?!" the same voice called out again. It sounded familiar. Very familiar. It sounded like... Sweet Pea?!

No, there is no way he is.. alive.

"Sweets?!" I yelled, confused, as if it was really Sweet Pea or my mind was playing tricks on me

"Grace are you okay?!" He asked. "Yeah, I'm-im fine" I answered and sighed.

"I'm going to break the door, alright? Just stay back" he warned and I took a step back.

Him and Jughead burst into the room running up to me. Sweet Pea immediately hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead.
"It's okay, you are fine now. I'm right here. You're safe" he said, trying to calm me.

"are you okay? Nick said he killed you! I was so worried, I thought-" I said looking at Sweet Pea but he cut me off:
"Stop worrying about me, please. It's only you, that matters! Nick will pay for what he did to you, I promise"

I nodded and pulled away. Jughead wrapped his hands around me and hugged me too. When he let go, he looked at me concerned. "How are you feeling?" Jug asked.

"Honestly, I feel like I'm dying" I answered. Sweet Pea wrapped his hand around my shoulder protectively. "did that son of a bitch tried to touch you again?"

"no.." I said and shook my head. Sweet Pea's eyes softened and he seemed relieved. He hugged me again, sighing.

"sorry to interrupt your cute moment but the police is here, let's go," Jughead said and we walked out.

Sheriff Keller was right there, handcuffing Nick. That bastard is going to jail. Finally.

-