CHAPTER 17

"I'm sorry I havent come to talk to you sooner darling." Caspian said smoothly, glancing at his nails.

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "why are you here?"

"I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for fighting with Harry. I knew you'd be the one."

"Be the one for what? What do you mean?" I ask exasperated.

"Patience child, the prophecy and everything will make sense to you soon."

"Why can't you just tell me now?!"

Caspian tilts his head with one of his menacing smirks on his face, "I'm sorry Odette I need to go but we'll speak again soon."

"But-"

"Goodbye Countess of Darkness." Caspian says quickly before disappearing into the shadows.

I huff out an angry breath. I guess all I could do is wait.

------

It was the next morning, and Jude came over to my table during breakfast.

"Hey I need to tell you something."

"What's up?" I sas as I take another bite out of my toast.

"I told my parents about you... They kinda wanna meet you." He said.

I almost choked on my food, "wait they know who I am?"

"Well... Kind of..."

"What do you mean kind of?"

"They know I have a girlfriend but they don't know who you are exactly." Jude says.

"Wait girlfriend?" I say, completely bewildered. We had never talked about being exclusive, I really liked Jude but we'd never even been on a date.

"Are we not dating?" Jude asks me, his face fell then.

I felt really bad, "no no I mean of course we're together but we never talked about it."

"Right. Sorry about that."

"It's fine."

"You don't want to meet them do you?" Jude questions.

"I just don't know how they'll react."

"What? That's why you don't want to meet them? Odette they're going to love you! Trust me, my parents won't care about that sort of stuff."

"if you say so." I mutter.

"Don't you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Then come with me to Cafe Eclipse on Saturday." Jude now has a smile on his face.

I gave in, "fine."

"Great! See you in a bit."

I can't believe I agreed to that.

----

Saturday arrived way to soon, I did not feel like meeting Jude's parents. We arrived at Cafe Eclipse, I thanked the gods that the cafe was warm. It was freezing outside.

"They're over there." Jude says, pointing to a couple near the back of the cafe. His mum had a round face and the same brown coloured hair Jude has. Hid Dad looked a lot like Jude, the sharp jaw, slim nose, and highish cheekbones. The only difference was his hair was grey and thinning.

"Hi Mum, Dad... This is Odette."

His parents look at me questioningly, "I've seen you before, I can't remember where..." His mum says.

"Yeah me too..." His dad adds.

I glance at Jude nervously, they must have remembered be from the claiming ceremony or something.

"Who are you claimed by?" His mum asks me.

"Guys can't we just have a nice chat over a nice cuo of coffee?" Jude interjects trying to change the subject.

"Stop it Jude this is important, Odette?"

My heart starts to beat faster, I wring my hands. "Caspian." I say.

Their faces changed to looks of shock and then anger, "really Jude? You should not be involving yourself with people like this!" His mum exclaims.

Jude looks horrified at their reaction, somehow I knew this would happen. "I told you so." I say to Jude before disappearing into the shadows.

--

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Remember to vote, comment and follow me! <3