19

Run boy, Run

It was raining hard.

Five had his arm over Winnie as they ran through the rain, letting giggles and smart comments slip out of their mouths. Winnies hair stuck to her cheeks and Fives uniform sloshed with each step.

"See? We shoulda brought an umbrella!"

"You lost your umbrella to Klaus!"

"You know I cant win Rock Paper Scissors against him. The mans like psychic!"

"How ironic that the kids of the Umbrella Academy be caught without one."

Winnie snorted and laughed so hard her knees became weak. Five pulled her along, determined not to stay outside longer than needed.

The parking lot was abandoned, so he didn't have to worry about his next moves. He let blue energy swell around him and Winnie and pushed them into the spot he desired.

In only a second, did the duo appear in a deserted clothing store. Winnies sneakers squelched on the tile as she twisted to take in her environment.

"Bit of a weird place to meet a girl." Winnie commented, squinting to read a sign, "Gimbel Brothers."

Five smiled softly at her and lifted off his arm. He stuffed it back into his pockets and continued further into the store. The clothing racks illuminated only by a neon blue light.

"Its actually sort of strange seeing everything still erect." Five said aloud.

Winnie skipped back up besides him, snatching a flashlight from a nearby table. How convenient! She grinned that goofy grin that never quite fit her face- but looked beautiful regardless.

"Thats what she sai-" Five cut her off by throwing his hand onto her face. She peeled a finger back though.

"Look- my love- you cant say erect in this day and age, without having it followed up with a dirty joke!"

Five scoffed. "You say that like its a societal rule."

"Its my rule!"

"Oh yes, and what would you be without your prevented humor?"

Winnies eyes twinkled and Five felt electricity dance under his skin. She stuck her face just in front of Fives, with their noses a hair length away.

"Id still be in love with you."

Then she leaned back with a deep chuckle and turned away. Five let out a quick breath as she did, thanking the high heavens it was still dark enough to cover his blush.

She just never understood people aren't supposed pledge their love so earnestly and with that stupid fucking perfect smile. You cant do that to people!

"To the right?" Winnie called behind her, inspecting a gathering of mannequins.

"Left." Five replied. Neither said anything about his audible strain.

They continued forward on a fairly open path. Five set his eyes forward while Winnie let her attention flitter over the clothing racks and displays around her.

At last, they arrived at the foot of the main display case. Three mannequins stood atop white tables in fashionable outfits. Winnie shined a curious light on the main one.

"Dolores." Five said.

Winnie dropped her flashlight.

A rush of broken emotions filled her. Five- her poor Five! She went into this expecting... well she didn't know what she was expecting!