38 ⸸

Hearing that from the man made Namjoon think he was back to square one again. The man was back to being silent, kept to himself, and seemed bothered for some reason.

Namjoon tried retracing his steps and remembering what could have made him get the sudden mood swing, but nothing was coming to his mind at the moment. He had no idea why Seokjin was so different.

"Why are you acting like this again? Is this because I left you alone? Or is this because of something else... Or someone else." After refreshing his memory, Yoongi came to Namjoon's mind.

He clearly saw when Yoongi held onto his hands. That had to have been what made Seokjin get so distant with him.

"It's because of Yoongi, isn't it?" Seokjin ignored the doctor and walked away.

He went downstairs and left the house. Namjoon followed behind him, there was no way he could let him go.

The night was getting colder, darker, and scarier. It looked creepy.

"Seokjin, where are you going? Can you listen to me?" The man shouted, but Seokjin ignored him and stayed in his lane.

He carelessly crossed the street without turning the other cheek to check for any cars. Namjoon watched his tall shadow hunch, his feet were now stomping.

"Seokjin..." Namjoon groaned. He ran behind him. The man stopped running and clenched his fists.

It was as if he was a mute. He wasn't saying a single word, but Namjoon understood body talk very well and he knew what the man felt.

Jealousy.

"Stop following me."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Just tell me!" Namjoon tried remaining calm, but the stress was killing him.

"You have a lover. I was just another experiment for you, just like I am to any other doctor. Wasn't I?" This hurt Namjoon more than anything he's ever come across.

"You don't love me. Who would? I'm a demon. Demons of the dark should never see the light." He walked away, leaving Namjoon shaking.

Something clicked in him while he watched the man walk away: Anger. He clenched his jaw, running after him.

"After all that I've been through with him..." His blood was boiling.

"Every risk I took in getting him." Heart racing.

"Risking my job, my life..." Palms sweating.

"You won't leave my side. I won't allow it." He ran into the street and tackled the man to the ground.

"Foolish of me to think I could find love. Especially from someone as handsome as you."

He held Seokjin down, while the man just kept talking normally.

"Shut up."

"Love shouldn't exist in my life. Not in my past life, not in this life, and not in the afterlife." Namjoon had it.

"Shut the fuck up! Do you know what I would give to just keep you safe every single night? Do you know about all the sleepless nights I went through having nightmares because of you? You don't know. You don't know but you're about to." Namjoon used all of the strength he could to carry the man back to his house. The man lay limp in his arms, feeling powerless and slowly becoming submissive.

They got home and Namjoon put Seokjin down once they were inside of the apartment.

He grabbed his hands the same way Yoongi did to him and dragged him to his bedroom.

"After everything you put me through, everything I risked for you to be safe... You still doubt my love for you? For a vampire, you're very foolish in not knowing that, Kim Seokjin." Hearing Namjoon pronounce his full name, Seokjin hid his hands with his sleeves slightly intimidated.

"Oh? Is that how it's going to be now? Then show me how much you care." Seokjin threw his shade back at the man in front of him who was beyond pissed off.

"Not now. I feel too angered at the moment to even look at you. Please, obey me and go to bed. I'm going to take a shower to try calming down." The doctor walked to his bathroom but the disobedient vampire didn't obey him. Instead he pressed his head against the door to keep on listening to Namjoon.

He heard when his belt came off, then heard a loud groan. To not make things worse, Seokjin just went to the living room and lay down on the couch. His nails were clawing the couch slightly. His face was so near the couch cushions, he could smell a familiar cologne.

"Namjoon." He looked beside him and found the man's lab coat was on top of the couch cushion. He held it close to him and covered his body with it.

"Forgive me, my love."