39 ⸸

Seokjin woke up to Namjoon's voice. He sounded less frustrated than before, so he was happy about that.

"Seokjin, wake up." Seokjin slowly opened his eyes, getting up from the couch. He saw that he had fallen asleep with the doctor's lab coat wrapped around his body.

Since the man was unsure if the doctor was still angry or not, he didn't say anything and got up as he was told.

When they quietly walked out of the darkness of the living room and into the light of the kitchen, Namjoon noticed how puffy the man's eyes had become and how reddend they still were as if he had been crying.

"Were you crying?" Seokjin didn't deny the fact that he was. What made him cry wasn't the fact that the man scolded him, but because he failed him.

"Why?" Namjoon's tone was changing, he sounded less angrier and more worried.

"No reason. Just remind me to never anger you again, sir." He quietly headed upstairs, Namjoon following behind him.

The atmosphere felt worse than before: Namjoon was confused, the house was cold, and Seokjin felt worse when the man told him to sleep in his bed like last night.

With everything he said he's been through because of him, Seokjin couldn't even bare to look at the doctor. He said it was fine and that he would sleep on the couch, on the air mattress, or even on the floor if he had to, but the doctor said no to every option the man gave him, only accepting him to sleep on his comfy bed.

Seokjin was left with one option. He wrapped his hands around the doctor's neck and whispered something that sent chills all over Namjoon's body, "Sleep with me then." Namjoon swallowed deep.

"No. I think that you need your own space. Goodnight, Seokjin." But just before he took one step away from the man, he felt his arms were wrapped around his back.

"I don't take no for an answer, my sweet doctor." Namjoon nodded and allowed the man to lay down next to him, but as he was lying down, he turned over and pinned his arms above his head.

"In that case, then you definitely won't say no to anything I ask you. Now, did Yoongi make you feel jealous?" Seokjin's plan backfired and he had no choice but to answer the man with honesty.

"Yes. He did." Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, nodding.

"Ahh, so that's why you were so angry and made me chase you down the street, huh?"

"...Dr. Kim, may we please continue this conversation tomorrow morning? You need to rest." Seokjin stared into Namjoon's eyes.

"Who said we're getting sleep tonight? As punishment you're staying up all night with me." Seokjin agreed on staying up.

"That's an easy punishment, don't you think?" But that's when he jinxed everything.

"You must also sleep naked."

"Shit..."

...

The man got up and left the room.

"I got him! That'll teach him a valuable lesson. He'll be back in no time, saying he's sorry or something. He actually sounds attractive when he swears."

Namjoon was too busy laughing on the inside, he didn't notice when Seokjin returned and slid underneath the bedsheets again.

He couldn't believe it, the man was actually naked.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on me." Seokjin spoke.

Namjoon was in shock. He knew that this was a good time to tell the man that he was joking, but he couldn't even speak at that moment.

His patient was lying on his bed without clothes on.

"You're not wearing any clothes?"

"It's what you ordered, is it not? Now get rest." The man turned over, uncomfortably.

Namjoon felt bad, he didn't know the man would take him so serious. Then again, he did have to run after him for a long time and nearly got run over by a car trying to reach him, so he thought this was only fair.

He didn't know rather to laugh or blush madly. This felt so strange. There was a man in his bed following his orders. Namjoon knew then just how obedient Seokjin could be.

"Seokjin, I was just kidding. Please put your clothes back on." By the time Namjoon said anything, the man was already asleep.

"What did I do? What am I going to do now? He's going to catch a cold that way, I have to do something." He slowly turned the man's body towards him and took the covers off of him.

The man was fast asleep not even noticing when Namjoon was putting his underwear back on.

His hands were slightly shaking. This was by far the strangest thing Namjoon has ever done in his life.

"Namjoon." Namjoon was alarmed by the sound of his name coming out of the man's mouth. Had he woken him up?

It turned out that the man was just dreaming with him. As he continued to slowly put his clothes back on him, he got a closer listen to his dream.

"I didn't mean to. Namjoon, I love you." The doctor's heart melted by hearing Seokjin. Even if he was just dreaming, he knew that what he was saying was probably true. How could he stay mad at him? There was no way Namjoon could hold a grunge against him.

There was still a red tint spreading across Namjoon's face, so he got up and washed his face with cold water in the bathroom sink to refresh himself and focus. When he lay back down in bed, he saw that Seokjin kept on turning in bed.

He ignored it and just lay down still.

~two hours later~

Namjoon sniffled in his sleep feeling oddly warm. He knew his bedsheets were made out of fur, so he desperately flung them off of his body and still felt warm. When he looked down, the man had rolled onto his body and was cuddling him.