I am here for you

I was way too exhausted to say anything else. What else could I say besides "it's all your fault"?

I began weeping as the images of Hinata in Kiba's embrace flew through my mind again. I felt so mad at Kiba for moving on, I felt so mad at Sasuke for causing this.

But mostly, I felt so mad at myself for being a fool..

I leaned on Sasuke's shoulder, crying even louder. He put his arms around me, I didn't push away his affection. I let myself, for once, relied on someone else. I was too broken to even attempt to save myself. It was hopeless.

And yet, deep in my heart, I am grateful for Sasuke being here for me, right now when I desperately needed someone. When I desperately needed someone to hear my cries of help.

For the first time, I gave myself permission to hug Sasuke, as I cried into his shoulder. Sasuke was taken aback by my sudden embrace.

"I wish you were mine." He mumbled under his breath, so softly I almost didn't hear it under my loud sobbing.

I am such an idiot. I told myself I needed to put some distance between us. Yet here am I, only inches apart from him. What is it about him that irresistible? What is it about him that my heart keeps yearning for? What's so special about him?

One of his hand tightly wrapped around my waist, the other hand stroking my hair, comforting me. I poured my heart out to him.

It felt like I sat there, crying for an eternity. The tears just wouldn't stop.

It was maybe like an hour later until I finally regain control of my emotions. I felt numb. I just leaned on the teacher, emotionlessly, staring at the ground. The teacher never said a word, he just tried to comfort me using his presence and actions. He didn't rush me to go back to class, he never told me to stop crying.

"Are you feeling better?" He finally talked. I nodded weakly as he held onto my hand tightly. The other hand slowly proceeded to hold my chin up, averting my sights to his eyes. "If you ever want to cry again, I'll always be here for you."

His eyes filled with hurt while he said that.

"No matter how much it's killing me to see you crying over another man." He frowned and kissed me tenderly and passionately.

Somehow, my reflexes didn't push him away. Instead, I thanked him for being here for me.

I exited his office quietly and made my way to my class. Just in time to hear the bell ring, it was the last class before school ends. I bolted to the classroom before the next teacher could arrive.

I never faced the direction of Kiba's group.

Shikamaru, Choji and I were discussing about our biology project as we were taking down notes when suddenly our principal knocked on our classroom's door and entered our classroom.

"As we all know, our school annual festival was held last week. The results of the winning class will be announced on Friday." Tsunade informed the class and set them whispering among themselves in excitement.

"We'll win for sure, right Hinata?" Kiba's enthusiastic voice travelled throughout the entire class. The class cheered after Kiba's confident statement.

Yeah, Kiba is still the same old Kiba.. Only one thing is different..

I miss him.

Yet it's my fault, I brought this upon myself. I'm such a pathetic fool.

I tried to hold in the tears.

I wish Sasuke was here..