After the end

This is after infinity wars, and Peter is/was Tony's biological son.

As per request, by @AnotherOneBiteADust

Hope you like it!

In the months after the decimation, and the tyranny of Thanos, people tried to pick up the pieces.

The avengers, and all available resources worked on finding the mad titan, but citizens were rebuilding their lives.

In the words of Steve Rogers, they tried to move on.

Major businesses kept running.

Schools still functioned.

Including Midtown Tech.

Who were, in fact, taking a field trip to Stark Tower.

Tony Stark hadn't been seen in public since the day Thanos' minions came to earth.

He had returned, but had not left the tower.

The students were hoping to catch a glimpse of the reclusive billionaire.

Ned and MJ didn't look forward to going.

MJ was sick of Flash trying to prove that Peter was a liar.

She missed Peter. He hadn't come to school in months, and Flash was making it even worse.

Taunting them about how their loser of a friend was too afraid to show up, to be proven wrong.

Which made MJ's blood boil.

She was the only one who could call them losers.

Because they were her losers.

Protective much?

You could say so.

Because Ned and Peter were her only friends.

And heck to the no was she letting Flash tarnish Peter's reputation any more than he already had.

-----------

Surprisingly Flash left them alone on the bus ride to the tower.

It may have something to do with MJ whispering something in his ear that made him turn pale and gulp, but whatever.

The building wasn't as busy as it should have been.

A tour guide met them at the entrance, her smile practiced but tired. "Hello. Midtown I assume?"

The teacher, Mr Harrison, nodded. "Yes."

She waved her hand toward the scanner. "We have your guest badges over here."

They followed, most of the class gaping at their surroundings.

The woman pinned her own badge to her shirt, the laminated paper showing the name Lindsey.

She led them through the ground level labs, then to the higher ones.

Flash was suspiciously quiet, occasionally throwing the odd glance at Ned and MJ.

They were on one of the main level labs, looking at some non-classified schematics when Flash finally spoke up.

"Do you know Peter Parker?"

The question was aimed at Lindsey, who looked surprised. "I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by that name. I'm new here, you see."

Flash didn't say anything else, but MJ could tell by the glint in his eyes that he was far from finished.