Chapter 43: Goodnight

Third Person P.O.V (Point Of View)

"Yahh!" Nayeon drunkenly stepped inside her apartment, throwing herself on the couch "Everyone is happy" she bitterly laughed and closed her eyes.

"We are too" Jeongyeon replied following Nayeon on the couch.

It was another night the two had gone out drinking and talking their problems away. Both had full time jobs with equally annoying bosses and, of course, poor treatment.

"Are we Jeong-ah?" Nayeon hiccuped and turned to face the younger, her eyes still closed "Mina and Chaeyoung have been dating for God knows how, same with Jihyo and Wendy-ssi" she paused and opened her eyes. "Dahyun and Momoring have been dating for 3 months and Sana with Tzuyu suddenly decided to fall in love" she laughed "Heck, Dahyun is already making her first comeback after her debut!" Nayeon let out "And we are here..alone and miserable".

"Don't be like that Nayeon-ah, were fine" Jeongyeon insisted looking deep into the older's eyes.

"We're not" Nayeon announced and stood up "But we can be!" she chimed, sitting on Jeongyeon's lap looking at her innocently.

Jeongyeon knew what the stare meant. She has to deal with it almost everytime Nayeon is drunk.

"You're drunk" Jeongyeon replied, desperately trying to push Nayeon off her lap.

"Why can't we be happy, Jeong?" the older whined, her voice sliglty shaking. "I want you. You want me!" she raised her voice.

Nayeon's tone and look took the blonde aback. She too wished to be with her. To be by her side everyday, but she simply couldn't and Nayeon couldn't either.

"I don't want you" Jeongyeon sternly said "I love you. I love you, Im Nayeon" the blonde sighed in defeat.

She had promised to never say these words again, but how could she not? After everything that happened between them they managed to get close again. Having to face the love of her life on most of her free days, to see her giggle and smile at her lame jokes but unable to hold her made Jeongyeon frustrated. She couldn't be with her, she was still hurt.

"Okay, let's be together then" Nayeon replied. The alcohol seemed to be dying off pretty fast.

"You know we can't Nayeon" Jeongyeon said in a cold tone "I can't and you too, we both know it"

"But why?" the brunette's voice broke "We both apologized...I apologized!"

"That doesn't fix anything" Jeongyeon sighed, the aching pain in her chest growing more intense as tears streamed down her ex-lover's face.

"I miss you, Jeon-ya!" Nayeon shouted, frustrated "I acted dumb back then. I didn't know that you were the only one I needed" the brunette pulled at the younger's sleeve, trying to look in her eyes.

"That's what hurt" the younger replied pushing back tears "You blocking me out, not letting me help you!"

"I-I'm sorry" Nayeon cried.

"Does it matter?" Jeongyeon bitterly laughed "I'm still in the process of healing, unnie. I can't just risk it all, all over again"

Jeongyeon never used honorifics to refer to Nayeon. Doing it now, when they were both emotional and tipsy, was like a brick hitting the brunette right in the face.

"You're..right" Nayeon looked down. Realization was finally kicking in, making the older feel guilty for always pushing Jeongyeon. "Let's at least be friends for now?"

"Of course"

"Please don't ever call me unnie ever again"

"Alright, I won't" Jeongyeon chuckled "Take some rest, okay?" she advised, standing up.

"Goodnight, Jeongie" Nayeon forced a smile.

"Goodnight"