IV | Who Allowed You to Come In?

Just having awoken from deep sleep, Alexander was in a daze. He stared at Isabelle for about two seconds before lowering his gaze to his hand that was clutching her wrist. Frowning, he tried to think of why she would reach out to touch him. Sleepily, he muttered coldly, "What are you trying to do?"

Just then, he recalled that he had gone to the mansion in the mountain. He looked around doubtfully, confirming that he was indeed in the bedroom at the mansion in the mountain. He returned his gaze back to Isabelle before asking straight forwardly, "How did you know about this place? Who allowed you to come in?"

The minute he finished asking, he caught sight of the shirt that she was wearing. He frowned, realizing that under the blanket, he was not wearing anything. Memories of the two of them deeply entwined on the bed flashed, and he returned his gaze to Isabelle once again. Kiss marks littered her porcelain skin that was not covered by the shirt...

Alexander exerted more strength with the hand he had on Isabelle's arm. "Last night..."

That two words were enough to put Isabelle in a frenzy. What was destined to come would come... Instinctively, she started to explain, "I heard that you were sick so I came to give you some medicine..."

She stopped midway, not knowing how to continue explaining.

Even though he had been in a daze, he could still vaguely make out what had happened. The bitter substance in his mouth was medicine and she had kissed him to stop him from spitting it out... Alexander's lips moved and his cold expression warmed slightly.

Isabelle continued to panic as he remained silent, not saying a word. She hesitated momentarily before continuing, "I never expected that would happen last night..."

Before she could finish her sentence, her arm was roughly cast aside by him. Shocked by his strength, she staggered backwards. Before she could stabilize herself, his haughty voice sounded, "What do you want?"

The suddenness of those four words left Isabelle speechless. Unable to process them, she looked at him in confusion.

Alexander saw her gaze and, reading her expression, continued, "Previously, you climbed into my bed for a role in 'To the End of Time'. This time, I slept with you, what do you want in return?"

Isabelle's heart sank.

Initially she had requested for a role, but that was because she was afraid that he would find out about her love for him. But now, he saw her as a woman that used her body for favours.

Isabelle clenched her lips, refusing to speak.

Alex waited, but seeing how Isabelle was not prepared to speak, he broke the silence. "Why aren't you saying anything? After plotting with such effort, getting me medicine, taking care of me, and even finding this place, isn't it all for more benefits?

"You mentioned that you didn't expect to sleep with me..."

Alexander stopped, realizing he was not making sense. Sinking into silence, he swallowed. Staring straight into Isabelle's eyes, he seemed to be reading her mind. In an emotionless tone, he continued, "Unless you weren't looking for any benefits from coming here..."

Isabelle didn't expect him to figure it out so easily... Subconsciously she tightened her fists, trying desperately to keep calm, and said, "Two days ago, I went to Global Entertainment for an audition for the second lead in 'Alluring Times' but failed."

It had never occurred to Isabelle that she would end up continuously hiding her feelings, continuously portraying herself as an object used for transactions. She could feel the sharp pain from her palms but showed no signs of the pain and said, "The film has a star-studded line up and has gained attention even before the show started filming. If you really want to reward me, give me the second lead role."