Chapter 15

You were staring at yourself in the mirror, adjusting the straps on the 6th outfit you had tried on in the last half hour.

"I can't go out looking like this!" you growled to your reflection.

You turned around, stomping over to your drawers to check out the options in there. You rifled through it angrily, looking for something suitable for the date Taehyung had planned.

After you had accepted his request for a date he almost immediately sent you home to get ready, putting you in a taxi and giving you his number so he could text you when the car would be at your house to pick you up.

You still had no idea what was in store, all you knew from his messages was that you should wear something 'a little dressy'.

"What does that even mean!?" you yelled into your empty bedroom, tossing things out of your drawers in frustration.

As you were throwing things you spotted something with the tag still on.

Oh?

You held it up to examine it, wondering why something brand new was in the bottom of your drawers.

It was black, which totally worked for the occasion. The tulle dress had a deep V neckline, cinching at the waist and flowing down into an intricate flowery detail effect. It was elegant yet kind of sexy so you couldn't be mad at it.

You had forgotten about this dress, remembering it being sent to you by your mother in one of her care packages. You made a mental note to thank her later.

You tried on the dress, admiring it in the mirror in all its glory. Sighing in relief that you finally figured out what the hell you were going to wear tonight.

The rest of the getting ready process was a breeze, letting your hair flow down in your signature loose curls and only throwing on a light makeup look.

You picked out a pair of standard black heels and sent out a silent prayer out to no one in particular that you didn't fall on your face tonight.

As you came down the stairs towards the front door you heard a car horn, signaling that your ride was here. Perfect timing.

You made your way out of the house, being careful not to trip on the gravel path up to the road. The sun had set already so the only thing illuminating your path was the headlights of the vehicle parked in front of you.

A man in a tux opened the door to the black town car, motioning for you to get inside.

You obliged, feeling a little overwhelmed by his formal manner.

It was the same car as the one Jimin had sent for you the other day, the comfy leather seats and cool island breeze blowing in through the sunroof once again relaxing you.

You drummed the seat with your fingers nervously as you noticed the driver pull towards the entrance of the local aquarium.

He brought me, a mermaid, to a place with thousands of gallons of water?

As the car slowed to a stop you caught a glimpse of Taehyung, leaned up against one of the pillars at the entrance. Watching him as he noticed the car and started to walk towards you, boxy grin adorning his beautiful face.

He was wearing black dress pants and a white silk blouse, a suit jacket was thrown lazily over his shoulders. An outfit so simple yet he looked like a runway model.

He waved off the driver who was about to make his was around to get the door, getting it himself instead and bending down to greet you.

"Hey Tae" you said nervously, smiling sheepishly at him as you climbed out of the car.