"Because, you know you can always tell me, right?"

ADRIEN'S POV

As the bell rings for the end of the day, I slip the airpod back in Mari's hand.

"Thanks," I say, and she shrugs, "welcome,"

We pack our bags quietly, and I slip my assignment into my bag, before turning,only to see Marinette stood really close to me.

"Adrien, what actually happened with the other guys?"

I sigh, "honestly, I don't even know. I'm just in an annoyed mood."

I notice her shoulders slump as she says, "oh, me too."

"Why?" I am confused.

How can the bright-spirited Marinette Dupain-Cheng be in the same mood I'm in?

Now it is her turn to sigh, "Alya hasn't spoken to me, like all day,"

I put my hand on her shoulder reassuringly and she shows the hint of a smile. Unsatisfied, I wrap my arms around her and gently tickle her as she laughs into my shoulder. As we pull apart, we notice Brandon and Nino approach. Marinette nudges me gently.

"Call me later, you're telling me everything," she says, before poking my cheek and leaving the classroom.

Nino smirks, "Just friends, huh?"

I groan, "Yes, just friends,"

Brandon elbows me, "friends with benefits, more like,"

"What, like you and Erin?"

"See! Your recycling what she said!"

I frown as we leave through the schoolyard, whilst Nino jokes about '#brin'. I laugh here and there as we walk our usual way home.

"Yeah, their daughter will be called Brynn," I add, and Nino laughs.

"Brynn Rodriguez!"

Brandon glares and kicks a rock at the slide, "Well, Adrien, you're child will be called.." he thinks for a second, "Louis Agreste!"

"That doesn't even affect me!" I snicker, almost bumping into someone.

"Erm, where do you think your going?" I look at the person.

Luka.

"Did you forget?" he jeers, "were you scared?"

"Surprised you even showed up, to be honest," I put my hands in the pockets of my jeans, "I didn't think you'd be bold enough."

"What, like how bold you are to ask Marinette out?"

Oh, he did not just say that.

"At least I'm not the one with a giant crush on her," I fire back.

"What, and you don't? It's more like you're the one who has a crush on her,"

Deep down I know he's right.

"It's not even a crush, really," he continues, "more like an obsession. She barely knows you exist,"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night," I sneer, "Your obviously the one that has an obsession with her,"

He turns red as I carry on.

"That's why you've had it for me since the beginning, isn't it? Because your jealous! You can't stand to see Marinette and I hang out together."

"Whatever!" He rolls his eyes, "It's not like she likes you. Your the jealous one because you know she would pick me over you! She probably hates your face, at least she actually talks to me,"

I laugh, "hmm, okay then! Because obviously you were there when she kissed me,"

Luka's face hardens as he throws a punch at my jaw, and I am completely unprepared. But, at the same time, I am Chat Noir, the guy who fights some new twisted villain every other day. I can say I have experience. I whack his nose with full force, and he grunts whilst kicking my leg. I dodge this, and he punches my shoulder, which has barely healed, knocking me back. Alarmingly painful signals are passed in my body, but I have some dignity and I kick him hard as he falls on the floor and the boys from our class separate us. Before I know it, Luka has disappeared, and I tell Nino and Brandon to fuck off as I duck in an alleyway before any paps notice I was there. I sit against the wall and Plagg appears from my bag.