12. Mommys and Daddys

Everyone apart from miss carol came to the funeral. Hershel had gone missing after what happened at the barn and Beth got sick. Ricky and Glenny went after him. I didn't care though.

My big brother was laying underground. He never liked small spaces. I was just sat there at his grave talking to him and singing songs.

I then heard footsteps coming closer and I could tell it was daddy cause of how quiet it was. I didn't look at him though as he sat down next to me.

"Nemo? Imma go back to the tent. You comin?"

"Why did we bury him?"

"What? Cause that's what we do, we bury our dead."

"But Not us daddy"

"Who?"

"We burn, we were supposed to burn dean, not bury him daddy! Uncle Bobby said the hunte-we have to burns each other's daddy!" I said, getting hysterical. We were supposed to burn dean. That's what he said to do, it was respect towards hunters. Daddy gnawed on his thumb for a while before calming me down and speaking up.

"Ya comin Nemo?"

I nodded and kissed the rocks that marked Deans grave and put my arms up so that daddy could carry me. I snuggled into his chest and rested my head on his collarbone. Soon enough he put me down on a log and started to skin some animals. Something I had seen a thousand times living with Sammy and Dean.

Dean.

I have to stop thinking about him. But it's all I can think about. I heard a low crunching of leaves and looked up to see Momma Lori. I stood up and ran into her arms. She picked me up and put me on her hip.

"Moving to the suburbs?" She joked "Beth's gone into some sort of shock"

"Yeah so what" daddy said while still skimming the little squirrel.

"So I need you to run into town real quick and bring him and Rick back.... Daryl?"

"Your bitch went window shopping. You want him go fetch him yourself. I got better things ta do"

"What's the matter with you. Don't you be so selfish"

"Selfish? Listen to me Olive oil. I was out lookin for tha little girl every single day! I took a bullet an an arrow in the process! Don't you tell me bout gettin my hands dirty! You want those two idiots have a nice ride! I'm done lookin for people"

He yelled and at the end he huffed and sat back down. Momma Lori just huffed and walked away with me in her arms. I rested my chin on her shoulder and waved bye bye to daddy, even though he wasn't watching. We got back over to the house and Momma Lori set me down and wandered over to a car.

"Whatchya doin?" I asked curiously

"I'm going after Rick"

"Can I come too? I'm big and strong like daddy. I can even hold up his big crossbow!" I said excitedly

"No honey I don't want you out there in case something happens okay? Stay here. Promise me you won't tell anybody. Promise me?"

"Promise Momma"

"Good girl.Go play with Carl"

I nodded and went off to find Carl like I was told to. I eventually found him after wandering for ages around and about the fields. He was in the house setting the table. I didn't feel like playing with him no more so I ran up to Shane and he picked me up and put me on his hip while talking to Andrea. He then sat down and sat me on his lap while he made me a plate of green beans. I don't like green beans. They're yucky. I just grabbed a piece of bread instead and started to play with it in my mouth to lick off all he butter. I wasn't really that hungry.