27

March 23, 2019

It was a gloomy day in the land of all things sunny, happy, and unlucky. At best the gloom was what I noticed before the pounding in my head and the swirling in my stomach, telling me to hide away in bed even if I could not recall the exact moment when I pranced my way to my bed.

"You still have time to back out." My mom said sadly. I turned in my bed at the slowest rate possible. Hair rollers were piled on my mom's head, she stood in her silk lavender robe that she'd worn for the last few years. I used to believe she just kept it in top shape until she told me that she has six items identical to it because dad wasn't the best at remembering gifts he had bought her. Or he just really wanted her to live in a lavender robe.

"It's too late." I sat up, rubbing my temples.

"T!" Eli and Ella exclaimed in unison as they ran into my bedroom. Both hopped on the bed, engulfing me in a hug.

Ella began combing my hair with her fingers, "You're going to marry Ashy today!" She giggled.

"No she's not." Eli glared at her.

Ashton...I swore I saw him last night on the beach or I'd grown obsessed with him that I dreamt that I talked to him on the beach. I was praying it was a dream because I said a few words that I didn't mean to.

"I'll get you some pain killers." My mom said, walking out of the room.

"Have you two taken a bath?"

They shook their heads.

"Well go do that because I have to start getting ready too!" I gave them both light pushes as I, myself, got up.

"Mom wanted me to bring you these." Xander handed me water and Advil before hopping on my bed.

"Thanks."

"I saw you and Ashton talking last night." He smirked. "How did that go?"

"I was hoping I just dreamt that entire scenario." I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"Why?"

But I didn't want to respond. I grabbed a seat at my old vanity. A few things were still in place; the makeup kits, the jewelry box, even a tissue box that'd probably been here since 2013. Pulling a makeup removing wipe, I began wiping away yesterday's mask. The coolness from the wipe felt so lovely on my skin and made me feel so much better despite the hangover brewing.

"T?" I turned to my brother. "Don't do it."

I looked in the mirror, resting my chin in my palm. "There's nothing left for me if I don't."

"You have nothing to lose if you don't. We aren't going to judge you."

"Hey T? Your mom wants to know if she should send the hair and makeup people here or if you want them to go to the venue." I turned to Sofia who was swiping Xander's hands off of her.

"We'll meet them at the venue."

"All right." Sofia nodded, heading out.

Xander sat on my bed silently watching me remove my makeup. In the midst of a personal debate with myself over Ashton I was sighing and involuntarily causing premature wrinkles to form on my forehead from all of the distraught looks that were forming on my face. Guys like Ashton Irwin didn't do well for the well-being of one's skin nor did situations like the one I was in.

I rolled the sleeves down of my pajama shirt as my feet were taking me out of my bedroom, walking right past Xander without a word.

"I have to go do something." I said out loud after staring at the front door for a few seconds. My hangover was not going to like this great amount of running I was about to do.