EIGHT

"How do you cure kleptomania?" Yoongi asked as he lay on Hoseok's bed once again. Namjoon and Hoseok frowned at him. After their first meeting, Namjoon and Hoseok discovered they were roommates. They hadn't realised the first night because Namjoon had been out with a girl and Hoseok hadn't been bothered to find out who he was roomed with.

"Medication, psychotherapy, self-help groups... The usual." Hoseok said as he looked at his laptop screen. He scrolled down the page he was on. "Apparently people aren't completely sure though, and it's not uncommon to have relapses."

"Why do you want to know?" Namjoon asked and Yoongi shrugged.

"Jimin doesn't seem to like people or admitting there's something wrong with him, it's unlikely he's going to accept your help." Hoseok said, not looking away from his screen. He was now going through students' files (he'd hacked the school system ages ago) and was looking for anything new. "And the most important thing with problems like this is that the person wants help. If they don't accept it, it's not going to help them."

"I know, but I feel like deep down, he wants help. And I really want to help him, he shouldn't have to suffer like he is." Yoongi sighed, once again hugging Hoseok's pillow. Hoseok glanced at him from the corner of his eyes, and smiled slightly.

"There are loads of people worse of than him, millions of people are suffering in the world. What difference does it make if there's one less suffering person?" Hoseok asked as he opened up Seokjin's completely spotless file.

"You know, there's this story." Namjoon piped up, coming to Yoongi's defence. "After this big storm, all these starfish had washed up onto the beach, and this man who regularly walked along it noticed this boy. This boy was chucking the starfish back into the water and when the man asked what he was doing, the boy said he was trying to save them because if they were still out when the sun gets high, they'd die. The man then said that there were tens of thousands of starfish on the beach, and that the boy really wouldn't make much of a difference."

"And?" Hoseok looked over at Namjoon, one eyebrow raised.

"And then the boy said, 'it made a difference to that one'." Hoseok sighed.

"You made me sit through the story? Really?" Hoseok returned his attention to the computer screen. "You have detention on Friday."

"What? Why?"

"Skipping class and being caught behind the gym with a girl." Namjoon groaned as he fell backwards on his bed. He sighed as he stared at the ceiling. "And Yoongi hyung, Jimin's gotten on the teacher's radar. His unhealthy weight is alarming them. Get him to eat something."

"I'm sure Yoongi would love for Jimin to eat something... Him, to be more specific." Namjoon chuckled, and Yoongi glared at him.

"Shut up." He snapped and Namjoon continued to smile.

"You didn't deny it~" Huffing, Yoongi got up and glared at Namjoon.

"I'm going to go see Jimin." He said before leaving. Hoseok stared at the door before getting up and walking over to his pillow. He picked it up and hugged it just like Yoongi had been.

"You totally have a crush on him." Namjoon teased and Hoseok frowned at him. "It's so cute."

"Shaddup, leave me alone." Hoseok said, hugging the pillow tighter to his chest. Namjoon just smiled.

"Your little heart is going to break..."

"And so's your nose if you don't shut up."

-

-

-